Ex apologizes 7 months after break up ?

I had the most puzzling email today.

This man and I dated for 6 months. In January he was leaving the country for 8 months. Before he left he re-affirmed that he loved me and we would go through this together. When he got in that airplane I never heard from him again. Two months later he sent me an email explaining the long distance was too hard for him and it's unfair to ask me to wait 8 months. (it was a long email but basically it said that)

I was extremely hurt. I had felt head over heels for this man. I thought about him every day for months, and I admit I still think about him most days.

So today I got an email from him asking how I was doing, he said he was really sorry for the hurt he's done to me and he hoped I would find in me to accept his apologies.

I am not sure I understand why he does that after so long. Does he really need my forgiveness?

Philosoraptor

So unless my math is wrong he's about a month away from coming back?

Sounds like he's done banging whomever (and or just living freely) in another country and may be trying to set himself a nice warm bed up back home.

• Like 12

Sounds like he's done banging whomever (and or just living freely) in another country and may be trying to set himself a nice warm bed up back home.

Spot on.

This man doesn't care about you Gaeta.

PegNosePete

Yes, sounds like he's trying to bring you back off the back burner now that he's coming home.

sigh...

That will be extremely hard to fight back if it's the case.

Really?

redbaron005
sigh...

Definitely the case, but we believe in you.

• Like 1
PegNosePete

Why do you need to fight?

If you want to give it another go, go for it. If you don't, ignore all contact. Simples.

music_and_poetry

Send him this and only this:

"You want me? EARN ME."

and then you sit back and see how much effort he is or is not willing to make for you.

• Like 2

That is so cynical and probably 100% correct.

• Author
That is so cynical and probably 100% correct.

I know.....sad to think someone could be this cruel.

• Author
Really?

Yes, I was very happy in this relationship with him. His kids loved me, my family respected him. We never had issues. The end was just like a big unexpected poof-gone-disappeared. Even his daughter (20 yo) told me she could not understand her dad doing this to me she was very mad at him.

BigGirlPantiesOn
sigh...

It will be hard to practice self-value, self-respect and self-care....

really?

• Author
It will be hard to practice self-value, self-respect and self-care....

really?

It would be a battle of the mine against the heart. My head usually wins but there is still a battle first. I don't think I would ever be able to forget what he did.

hoping2heal
Send him this and only this:

"You want me? EARN ME."

and then you sit back and see how much effort he is or is not willing to make for you.

He already failed that task, remember?

She didn't say it like that, but when push came to shove he was out of there. He's up for free and easy. Out for anything substantial.

In a nutshell: can't rely on him, will give you no security, but hey...nice shoes, wanna fk?

I would stay clear.

Even if long distance was the issue.. If he truly loved you he would have called the moment he landed. I know I would have even if the time difference was crazy.

He would have set you free by phone not email. He would have done it a lot sooner. He also would have attempted to make the long distance work.

• Like 1