I don't know what to think about this?

We broke up about a month ago, and he told me there was a very good possibility of us getting back together. However, I got into contact with one of his friends, who told me that my ex doesn't seem to miss me, that he is drinking a lot, and that he is "actively searching" for another female. I don't know if what he told me has any merit though, because in that same conversation he told me that he would like to "see me sometime", which is pretty shady to me. So I took things into my own hands, and asked me ex himself if we were really over. His reply was, "I guess so." But that isn't really a definitive answer. When we were together, he got onto my family's cell plan and so he came to my house to drop off the money, so I told him to just pick up his stuff. He didn't. His guitar moved places, but is not gone, and there's still a box here. I was gone when he came to drop the money off. I've read that that is just a way to keep a tie with me, but that would be the only thing to indicate even slightly that he wants me in his life. He doesn't text me, call me. Nothing. I just don't know what to think, and I'm thinking about it too much altogether. I need a few outside opinions. *The things that he left here are still the same things that he left before when he came to get some of his stuff. This is the last of it, and he won't take it.

We were together for six and a half months.

Edited by jessikieee
words
Ordinaryday

it's best for you to just treat it like it is final, sitting around waiting for him to come back will just drive you crazy, and do you really want to be with someone who is not 100% fully committed to you?

don't contact him. don't ask mutual friends about him. if any mutual friend mentions him politely say that you don't want to talk about your ex.

if your ex contacts you about anything simply text back ONCE with "I have no desire to be just friends with you. don't contact me unless it is about us getting back together"

then ignore anything else he sends unless it is about you know what.

there is nothing else you can do.

• Author
it's best for you to just treat it like it is final, sitting around waiting for him to come back will just drive you crazy, and do you really want to be with someone who is not 100% fully committed to you?

don't contact him. don't ask mutual friends about him. if any mutual friend mentions him politely say that you don't want to talk about your ex.

if your ex contacts you about anything simply text back ONCE with "I have no desire to be just friends with you. don't contact me unless it is about us getting back together"

then ignore anything else he sends unless it is about you know what.

there is nothing else you can do.

As crazy as it sounds, yes, I really still want to be with him. I have not been talking to him for the past few weeks excluding that one concersation, unless it was to discuss his phone bill or his things. I just want to know if all is lost, but I guess there's no answer for that. Thank you.

Ordinaryday
As crazy as it sounds, yes, I really still want to be with him. I have not been talking to him for the past few weeks excluding that one concersation, unless it was to discuss his phone bill or his things. I just want to know if all is lost, but I guess there's no answer for that. Thank you.

well if you still want to be with him following my advice is your best bet.

chasing after him, begging him, finding excuses to contact him, etc, will just push him further away.

leave him alone, tell him not to contact you unless it is about reconciling.

there is NOTHING else you can do.