Shall I move on?

This is a friend of mine who has asked for advice. This was her message...

I've been with this guy for about 4 months. We met on a dating website, and he got in contact with me first. After chatting for a few days, he gave me his number and we started texting and we went on a few dates which were really nice. It hadn't been long since my break up with my ex which was 3 years long, so I was still a bit fragile, but this guy made me feel good about myself again. Unlike guys I have dated in the past, this guy is really quite shy, but that is one of things which attracted me to him. Anyway about a month ago he told me he was going on holiday, so I sent him a text before he left to say I hope he has a good time, not expecting him to reply, but he did and he wanted to keep texting me whilst he was on holiday. At first I thought he was being a bit too needy, so I waited a bit to text him back, but we kept in contact, and when he got back he said he wanted to cook a nice meal for me for our next date. I thought that was so nice of him. A few days after that text I hadn't heard from him so I texted him asking how his holiday was in general as I hadn't asked before, and he replied almost straight away and appologised for not being in contact as work was super busy since he got back. I replied but then another few days had gone by and nothing again, so I just send a quick check in text to see hoe he was and again he responded within the hour appologising for his lack of communication because of work. I thought I was then being too needy so I backed off and waited a few days to reply and I just said I understand how busy work can be after a holiday but I hope he is getting some rest. Now it's been 3 weeks and nothing!!!! I don't know how to feel about this because I'm mad at him, but I'm mad at myself more for being like this. I have tried analysing the relationship to see if there was anything to show he wasn't interested in me and there was nothing I could think of. I've noticed he hasn't been on BBM much which is how he communicated with most of his family and friends, and nothing in the past week, so maybe I'm over thinking everything but 3 weeks is too long without a word. I know I waited several days to reply to his text but he hasn't been putting much effort in recently so I don't know whether the whole 'I'm busy' means he has lost interest in me?!? I hate myself for being like this. Can anyone help? Sorry this message is so long

Edited by GilesB