Ex keeps kissing me on the cheek?!

I'm really baffled by this strange gesture from my ex. I know I shouldn't analyze things, but I just hate not knowing!

He broke up with me months ago. We stayed in contact, though not much. I saw him on a few occasions due to him collecting stuff and having mutual friends.

He never really kissed me on the cheek while we were dating, but he started doing it on those occasions - hold my hand and kiss me on the cheek.

We had a row and I decided to go no-contact. I bumped into him on a night out - he was pretty drunk. He didn't say anything, just took my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

It seems like such a weird gesture, especially since we'd argued and I'm not on good terms with him. It was completely uninvited and inappropriate. I broke NC to ask him not to do it again.

Why on earth would you kiss someone on the cheek after no contact for over a month?!

Edited by coralsmith

He could be messing with you, but why inappropriate? If genuine, it could have been a friendly "hello" kiss. He may not have done it in the past, but that's b/c he was dating you, not just friends. Anyway, you broke NC to tell him not to instead of telling him the next time you met or simply avoided the kiss. Me thinks you want to get back together, no?

I do this with exes but don't do it with current gfs. It is a gesture to say hello but means nothing more. Not even friendship.. Just a motion to fill the gap so I am not uncomfortable. Don't sweat it.

• Author

definitely don't want to get back together!

I just felt indignant because it felt like a bit of a violation of space, if that makes sense.

He'd done some things which made me lose a lot of respect for him. He's not the person I thought he was and I don't like the person he has proven himself to be.

So the kiss felt inappropriate because I had told him this and that I didn't want further contact with him. When I meet with him, it's been in a group, so I'm civil, but for the most part don't interact with him directly.

I didn't avoid the kiss, I wasn't expecting it at so I was taken aback, I just walked away from him. It was in the middle of a club dancefloor so it wasn't exactly needed to fill an awkward silence!

It doesn't mean anything. If it bothers you that much, don't put your

Body in a position that he can do it.

If someone I was estranged from were to do that to me, I would take it as an offer of peace...nothing more, nothing less.

It's just nothing. Or he may want to mess with you. Just tell him not to do it anymore.