Possible bread-crumb? Most likely an error!

So my ex sent me an email with one of my college papers attached to it. The title of the email is the same title as the paper title. So I'm wondering if it's a draft she accidentally sent to me.

She dumped me on Oct 27 of last year and we have NOT spoken or communicated in any way, shape or form since. I haven't even looked at her FB.

I really don't think I care anymore, but still none-the less this event has sparked my interest. I have not and WILL NOT reply to this email.

Any thoughts, jokes or contributions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Ordinaryday
So my ex sent me an email with one of my college papers attached to it. The title of the email is the same title as the paper title. So I'm wondering if it's a draft she accidentally sent to me.

She dumped me on Oct 27 of last year and we have NOT spoken or communicated in any way, shape or form since. I haven't even looked at her FB.

I really don't think I care anymore, but still none-the less this event has sparked my interest. I have not and WILL NOT reply to this email.

Any thoughts, jokes or contributions are appreciated.

Thanks!

more like a 'bait'. occasionally the dumper wants to contact the dumpee to snoop and find out how their life is going without them. but they don't want to be outright seen as reaching out, so they 'accidentally' text/email/ring the dumpee and when the dumpee contacts them back they will say 'sorry, accidental text' and the got exactly what they wanted.... the dumpee reaching out to them and them finding out how the dumpee is going...

and then haven't technically broken NC cos they claim it was an 'accident'.

it is nothing but bait. please be smart enough not to fall for it. if the dumper wants to contact a dumpee then anything less than them outright contacting you with "Hi [your name]. [[urpose of contact]" is disrespectful. even THAT is disrespectful if it is a breadcrumb.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

If you have no intention of responding then who cares?

I find it hard to believe that she would attempt to make contact in such a random way after all this time and no previous contact of ANY kind.

What? Did she suddenly have a dream about you and when she woke up had this overwhelming feeling to reconnect with you...by sending you an email with one of your college papers attached?!? LOL! Hilarious.

If that is her version of making up or breaking the ice, it's a pretty pathetic attempt. I'd ignore her just on those grounds alone.

:D:D:D

• Like 1

It's an obvious attempt to get your attention.

How do you "accidentally" send an email that you would physically have to type in the email address, attach the document and hit send?

It's not a breadcrumb, it's a speck of sand.

Ordinaryday
If you have no intention of responding then who cares?

because like most dumpees we would LOVE to respond providing the contact actually meant something, but we dont want to get hurt again by responding to a useless breadcrumb so the whole point is to suss out whether the contact is meaningful or not

• Like 1
Strength in Healing

I commend you to have been able to go full NC like that and not wavered. Seriously, you need to understand how big of an accomplishment that is. I know better than anyone the detriments of breaking NC, and even I faltered after a month and a half and it has caused plenty of pain. PLENTY.

Keep it up brother.

• Like 1
Ordinaryday
It's an obvious attempt to get your attention.

How do you "accidentally" send an email that you would physically have to type in the email address, attach the document and hit send?

It's not a breadcrumb, it's a speck of sand.

yes, the attachment PROVES it was on purpose! I can accept that, while highly unlikely, it is within the realms of possibility that the dumper could accidentally send an email to the dumpee - they could forget to remove them from a mailing list or the dumpees name could be something like "John" and they are trying to send an email to "Joe" and when they type in "jo" in the email to bar they accidently click john instead of joe.

IT IS VERY VERY VERY UNLIKELY this would happen but I will concede, it IS possible.

but there is no WAY ON EARTH to 'accidentally' hit the 'attachment' icon, browse through their computer to find the relevant file, 'accidentally' click the upload button and then 'accidentally' send it to the dumpee.

this is not just unlikely, it is IMPOSSIBLE.

she is messing with him, trying to get a reaction out of him. I hope he is strong enough to not give her one.

redbaron005

We got dumped on the same day :(

Forwarding emails includes the attachment, so unless the title includes fwd it's not accidental. Not even the birds want anything to do with this breadcrumb.

• Like 1
Summerrose2013

I got an email from an ex of mine from years ago - I was so scared to even open it but when I did, it was obvious it was some sort of virus that had auto sent it, LOL!! I didn't inform him of this, not my problem.

• Author

WOW thank you all for your responses, you made me smile!

I appreciate you seeing how hard staying NC was. I gave myself closure because she was too weak to give it to me. I made myself 10x better of a person than when I was with her (I felt I was awesome then too) and I made absolutely no effort to talk to her since the break up. I will DEFINITELY not respond to this.

I think the ONLY way I could feel it be justified to respond is if she were to email me a sincere letter with words, thoughts and feelings. Maybe I would say "Thank you for your letter, hope you're well and wish you all of the best." Thanks,

____

Blah blah...But even THAT might be a stretch. I always thought she was the bane of my existence after the break-up, that I'd be in love forever, that I would never love again or at least get over her. Now it's almost summer (our magical time) but I can barely carry on a thought about her for more than half a second, I keep forgetting about her AND or the thought of her makes me laugh. "What was I thinking when I was with her?" LOL

Thank you all again, LS peeps you've never let me down!!!!!

• Like 1
Ordinaryday

I think the ONLY way I could feel it be justified to respond is if she were to email me a sincere letter with words, thoughts and feelings. Maybe I would say "Thank you for your letter, hope you're well and wish you all of the best." Thanks,

____

BE VERY CAREFUL if you get an email like that! a lot of dumpers start feeling guilty about hurting the dumpee and while they DONT WANT THE DUMPEE BACK they want their conscience cleared and to feel less guilty.

so they send the dumpee a letter which they THINK is a nice gesture, telling the dumpee how they are, wishing the dumpee well, saying they hope their are no hard feelings between you two, etc...

they THINK this is a nice gesture but it is actually incredibly selfish because no matter what the letter says the subtext is I STILL DONT WANT YOU BACK. and this can really hurt the dumpee more!

be VERY CAREFUL about responding to something like this!