Facebook Works?

CalmandCarryOn

Feeling moved on, thinking about checking exes FB once (haven't at all since break-up which was +5 ago) to seal the cap and be fully healed. Don't think checking will cause me to relapse. Thoughts?

ConfusedHumanBeing
Feeling moved on, thinking about checking exes FB once (haven't at all since break-up which was +5 ago) to seal the cap and be fully healed. Don't think checking will cause me to relapse. Thoughts?

You already know the answer to that. Nothing good will come from it, so why do it?

Stay away

• Like 1

Here's the real question.. Why would you WANT to check up on her?

I couldn't imagine there being any reason to see her FB.

• Author
CalmandCarryOn
Here's the real question.. Why would you WANT to check up on her?

I couldn't imagine there being any reason to see her FB.

I can move on with peace knowing that I was with this person for a season, it didn't work out, that's okay, and I can continue to live knowing everything's okay.

I can move on with peace knowing that I was with this person for a season, it didn't work out, that's okay, and I can continue to live knowing everything's okay.

Right. So why carry the need to look at her FB?

ConfusedHumanBeing

That still doesnt answer anything.

You can live knowing you made your life better. You wont get a damn thing by going on her facebook. You shouldnt be friends with her on there anyways.

That still doesnt answer anything.

You can live knowing you made your life better. You wont get a damn thing by going on her facebook. You shouldnt be friends with her on there anyways.

Oh and your question as to if it will knock you back a few steps in your recovery... it will.

You wanna risk that?

• Author
CalmandCarryOn
Oh and your question as to if it will knock you back a few steps in your recovery... it will.

You wanna risk that?

You only live once....

• Author
CalmandCarryOn
Did you just YOLO me?

I guess--the break-up has already happened. I don't have anything else to lose, you know? Checking once and only once can't make me lose what i already have...

I guess--the break-up has already happened. I don't have anything else to lose, you know? Checking once and only once can't make me lose what i already have...

Okay. What were you trying to achieve in posting then? It sounds like you have you mind set on doing it, which I'm sure you already have.

You should know good and well that a majority of us here would advocate against it...

• Author
CalmandCarryOn
Okay. What were you trying to achieve in posting then? It sounds like you have you mind set on doing it, which I'm sure you already have.

You should know good and well that a majority of us here would advocate against it...

Thought about it. Deciding not to.

ConfusedHumanBeing

Yes it will. Big time

You will probably see something that raises questions for you....which slowly gets the mind to start churning. One question of "I wonder what this status means" turns into MORE questions and MORE wondering and then snowballs into s***. Happens ALL the time.

Better question: WHY ARE YOU STILL FACEBOOK FRIENDS WITH HER?!?!?!

• Like 1
organizedchaos

If you have to post a thread asking for advice, you haven't moved on.

• Like 1

Why go out of your way to ask for advice if you're not gonna listen to any of it?

For whatever reason, you wanna do what you wanna do so just do it and hopefully it'll bring you whatever benefits youre expecting.