Are these two break ups the same or different.

Sorry for the long story in advance.

I am 28 and my ex boyfriend is 43. We broke up 2 yrs ago after a 6 yr relationship. Are realtionship was good. We lived together. Its just out of the blue he up and broke up with me.he wanted to be alone. I had to move out. I loved the man so much I did the worst.I always contacted through email and text in of wanting him back and asking his friends things. But then I got over it cause it was a waste. I moved on didnt talk for several months.

It helped because we lived 40 mins apart.

My brother who is 20 and his gf is 18 broke up about a yr or so ago after a 2 yr relationship. They always argued. She broke up with him because she needed time to her self. He cried and wanted her back and then she told him no . I dont know if they stayed in contact .but we live in the same town so who knows.

So my ex and I decided to try to be friends and he contacted me we started to hangout. I started to get feelings back. I told him and I asked for advice from my mom. She stated that I was falling back wards and I just need to move on but yet we can call each other friends.so I am doing that.

Know my brother and his ex are talking and hanging. My mom iis not going to tell him hes falling backwards because its two different stories. Wth im pissed.

Its the same story we both got dumped by our ex's and now we r trying to be friends. He has feeling for her also. She states it different because the way I acted after the break up its. Because I loved the man and he broke up with me out of the blue. They broke up and went into nc. Whatever they run into each other and they texted. I had to move out and he didnt. Whatever the bottom line its the same but our situations were different. So why doesnt he get bitched at for falling backwards.

Im I just not seeing the picture . Is she right? Are they different?

Edited by volley

Who cares?

Look to yourself.

Everyone does something differently, and people are different too.

My two daughters got brought up differently, because they're different people.

If you're happy with friendship with your ex, then stay that way.

If you really want more, say so.

Your heart and mind are yours, not your mother's....

• Like 1
BigGirlPantiesOn

Is this thread about what your mom thinks, or what we think of you re-entering your ex's life?

Who cares what your mom thinks? What did your ex say when you said you had feelings? And has he ever apologized or explained why he left? And have you made amends for acting out towards him?

I know..lot of questions. Good luck

• Author

Big girl panties on- its about what mom thinks.

My ex understands I have feeling for him. He states we will never be a couple again. I have no clue why we cant try. I have to accept and respect his decision. The reason in why we broke up just like his past relationships. Is he wants to be alone and do his own thing. I think commitment Issues. He has never apologized to me. When we hung out. I did apologize for acting the way I did. I told him I should have just walked away. He accepted.

You do realise you cannot be friends with someone you're in love with, don't you?

Can't be done.

You have too much invested in this, and you're just going to get hurt.

Say you arrange to meet at a bar, for coffee, tomorrow. You look forward to it - and there he is, sitting waiting to introduce you to his new girlfriend, with whom he is very much in love.

How does that make you feel, right now?

• Author

I understand and it would make me feel like crap in someways. Part of me is ready to be a friend and then part of me is not.

You need to listen to the part that isn't.

It's actually more logical and sensible than the part that is.

The part that is, is ruled by your heart.

The part that isn't is ruled by your head.