Buying ex a holiday

Is this the craziest thing ever. For my ex of 4 years 21st I planned on taking her over seas for her birthday. I never told her. Now we have been broken up and just friends (quite distant) for almost 4 months. I still have feelings for her, she said she knows we will never be anything more than friends. I am seriously considering offering her this trip I had planned on to her still. I still get along really well with her as a friend and think the trip would be fun. Call me insane, I'm pretty sure she would decline my offer anyway

GorillaTheater
Call me insane

You're insane.

Invite a buddy or potential FWB instead. Or go alone. Part of disconnecting the emotional hose to your ex is getting comfortable in your own skin again.

• Like 1
TheNoBSBuddhist

If you still have feelings for her, you will want it to be more than just 'a trip'.

Sever ties with her and establish space between yourselves. No good can come of persistent contact because the familiarity of your continuing friendship prevents your emotions from healing and moving on.

Most foolish idea.

Is this the craziest thing ever. For my ex of 4 years 21st I planned on taking her over seas for her birthday. I never told her. Now we have been broken up and just friends (quite distant) for almost 4 months. I still have feelings for her, she said she knows we will never be anything more than friends. I am seriously considering offering her this trip I had planned on to her still. I still get along really well with her as a friend and think the trip would be fun. Call me insane, I'm pretty sure she would decline my offer anyway

Ok, you're insane.

That is demented. You don't want her as a friend. If she says yes, you'll get your hopes way up..if she says no, you'll be crushed.

Use your money on yourself, not on someone who dumped you.

• Like 3

NO! if you dont want her to think you are insane aswell...!!

go on this trip by yourself or take your best friend with you or any other person. take me! but please dont ask her..:(

You're not insane. You're just desperate and riding on a last ditch effort to help possibly resurrect some sort of emotion in her. Maybe she'll say yes and you both will have a great time and thing will go back to what it was. Maybe her heart will leap from your kind gesture and her emotions for you will activate.

Please don't do this. If anything she'll wonder what's wrong with you that you lower yourself to such an extent.

Go on the trip by yourself or take a very good friend. The objective is to enjoy yourself and you can't do it with someone that you have a level of emotional expectation which isn't and cannot be reciprocated.

• Like 2

Please, don't do it! No! Not in a million years.

It will reek of desperation. Like, I can smell the desperation from here.

Please, no. Just no. Have some self-respect.

You guys have broken-up. She is your ex now and she doesn't deserve a holiday with you, nor does she probably want a holiday with you.

There's a 99% chance that she will say no to your offer and you will be crushed. And even if she says yes, you have to ask yourself, does she really deserve a holiday with you? She's not in love with you anymore. She's your ex and she doesn't deserve this trip that you have planned.

Go on your own or take someone else, but please don't ask your ex. No good can come from it.

• Like 1

Among the worst ideas I ever heard. I promise you I would have been horrified if an ex had made such a suggestion to me. You are not together. You can't be friends with a recent ex who you still love. Hence you do not go anywhere or do anything together. Period.

• Like 1
ConfusedHumanBeing

This makes me feel awkward even reading this. Your ex would be SO freaked out by this. This is just.....wow. I can't even put into words how bad of an idea this is. What a waste of time, money, and energy.

Yeah, that's pretty insane.

Why don't you find a girl that actually enjoys being with you in a romantic and intimate way and take her! It would suck if you took your Ex and she meets some guy at the club and she goes off with him, but it's okay! Because you guys are really good friends. Shouldn't bother you at all right?

CRAZY INSANE idea! Take a friend or family member.

I'll be honest with you..I have done this. It wasn't so extreme as an international trip, but I did get tickets for a show I knew he wanted to see. I sent them both to him but there was obviously the expectation that he would take me, which he did. It hurt like hell when I was slapped back down.