when shall i contact?

unagedtiger

so this girl and i've dated for 3-4 months to the level of "love."

but she ended yesterdaya because i hurt her.

at the time she didn't tell me what it was and i didn't realize until now.

how long shall i wait to contact to apologize and ask for a potential rebound?

don't want to be too soon when she is still mad or too late when she completely moved on.

• Author
unagedtiger
What did you do that was bad enough to make her dump you?

Kind of gave the impression I can replace her.

That's really messed up. You stomped on her confidence and broke her trust. Were you fighting at the time or did you just randomly say it?

• Author
unagedtiger
That's really messed up. You stomped on her confidence and broke her trust. Were you fighting at the time or did you just randomly say it?

we were arguing about something. i want to beat the hell out of myself for this.

i know it's messed up. i don't know why i did what i did.

If a break up is caused by one person's actions or insensitivity, that can sometimes be healed by an immediate apology. Anything longer than a few days makes the apology look insincere like the person is just apologizing because they can't get somebody better.

Time is not on your side here. Call soon. Flowers would be a nice touch.

• Like 1
  • Author
unagedtiger
If a break up is caused by one person's actions or insensitivity, that can sometimes be healed by an immediate apology. Anything longer than a few days makes the apology look insincere like the person is just apologizing because they can't get somebody better.

Time is not on your side here. Call soon. Flowers would be a nice touch.

At her current mood, visiting with flower might make her call police or throw the flowers away in delivery.

She is more of a message person rather than voice, if I call, she might just ignore. I'll contact her tomorrow.

If you show up on her door step with flower & say I'm sorry she should not call the police. If she does when you are no threat to her, you really should simply walk away. Nobody needs that drama.

I agree. Flowers and an apology, and make it snappy. The longer you wait, the more she'll think you actually did replace her.

I can't speak for other women, but after a fight, my anger tends to increase over time instead of decreasing if we don't talk it out quickly.

• Author
unagedtiger

Oh darn, email shows she has read my message.

but hasn't responded back with either "no" or "yes" immediately.

i guess she is either just ignoring or thinking about this?

Simon Phoenix

Scrap the flowers, but definitely apologize. Flowers are cliche as hell and tend to go over like a fart in church in these situations. If you are going to do a small gift, chocolates or just a card would be better. Those show a hell of a lot more thought than flowers.

• Author
unagedtiger
Scrap the flowers, but definitely apologize. Flowers are cliche as hell and tend to go over like a fart in church in these situations. If you are going to do a small gift, chocolates or just a card would be better. Those show a hell of a lot more thought than flowers.

so, i guess she is either just ignoring or thinking about this?

As a female, I totally disagree. I love flowers. And I hate chocolate.

Simon Phoenix
As a female, I totally disagree. I love flowers. And I hate chocolate.

My experience with women has been completely different. Most I talk to or have been with think of flowers as a lazy way to say "I"m sorry". Sending a woman flowers to be is equal to the "dinner and movie" first date, kind of uninspired and cliche. Now I'm sure there are women that still like that (you being an example), but my personal experience frowns on flowers, especially roses.

The fruit and wine basket has always been a winner for me, albeit I've never tried it with a woman that's broken up with me.

• Author
unagedtiger

Someone please answer me.

My experience with women has been completely different. Most I talk to or have been with think of flowers as a lazy way to say "I"m sorry". Sending a woman flowers to be is equal to the "dinner and movie" first date, kind of uninspired and cliche. Now I'm sure there are women that still like that (you being an example), but my personal experience frowns on flowers, especially roses.

The fruit and wine basket has always been a winner for me, albeit I've never tried it with a woman that's broken up with me.

:eek::love:

Are you single? Want to go on a date? ;)

Why can't more men think this way?

Someone please answer me.

How could anyone here possibly know that?

Just send the gift and an apology note and then back off if she doesn't respond.

Simon Phoenix
:eek::love:

Are you single? Want to go on a date? ;)

Why can't more men think this way?

There were a couple others -- I killed them :)

• Like 1