She came back when I've moved on. Priceless...

Met a girl at my gym a week ago and we've hitting it off very well.

Went out for dinner last night and received a text from her... ignored and deleted.

So it's true in my case. Once you start to forget about them and move on, they always try to squeeze their way back in. Well she can just go cry on the shoulders of the guy the left me for.

NC has helped along with EVERYONE here

• Like 20
  • Author
You might want to clarify your post.

I'm talking about my ex trying to reach out to me. Sorry, thought that was clear.

• Like 1
Met a girl at my gym a week ago and we've hitting it off very well.

Went out for dinner last night and received a text from her... ignored and deleted.

So it's true in my case. Once you start to forget about them and move on, they always try to squeeze their way back in. Well she can just go cry on the shoulders of the guy the left me for.

NC has helped along with EVERYONE here

That's awesome to hear! I hope this happens to me once I'm completely over her. Hearing these kind of stories really motivate me and help me out. We need more of these posts. BTW how long has it been?

• Author
Did you receive a text from the girl you went on a date with or your Ex? It wasn't very clear.

FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES: I got a text from my ex while I was on a date with my new girl.

Sorry guys, I should have proofread. I was typing the post while watching Game of Thrones :lmao:

• Like 3
  • Author
That's awesome to hear! I hope this happens to me once I'm completely over her. Hearing these kind of stories really motivate me and help me out. We need more of these posts. BTW how long has it been?

I little over two months I believe.

ConfusedHumanBeing
FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES: I got a text from my ex while I was on a date with my new girl.

Sorry guys, I should have proofread. I was typing the post while watching Game of Thrones :lmao:

While its cool that you were not phased and doing well, is it really considered your ex "coming back" after a text?

• Like 3
  • Author
While its cool that you were not phased and doing well, is it really considered your ex "coming back" after a text?

Well after multiple text asking to meet up, hounding on out mutual friends to see what I'm doing, and calling me for three nights straight; I think it's safe to assume so.

mtnbiker3000

Perhaps. Or maybe she is just trying to keep tabs on you... Has she said anywhere or to anyone that she wants you back??

• Like 1
  • Author
Perhaps. Or maybe she is just trying to keep tabs on you... Has she said anywhere or to anyone that she wants you back??

Yep! This is actually her second time trying to "rekindle" anything left that we have. I made a thread a few weeks back about her doing the same thing. She's been more persistent recently.

• Author

Yep! This is actually her second time trying to "rekindle" anything left that we have. I made a thread a few weeks back about her doing the same thing. She's been more persistent recently.

Another weird factor to consider is that the dumper makes contact after they've discovered that we're moving on. And if you do things right; moving on faster than our Ex's expected. And that doesn't seem right to them.

Just weeks or months ago, we were a broken mess when they left. Then, they hear we're moving on and dating. That's not how it's supposed to go! They think we should still be pining for their return or at waiting for them to throw us a bone.

• Like 6

I'm glad to hear that you've moved on, IDK. :) I wondered if you had, because you seemed to not be around here as much as before.

You met someone while doing something healthy and productive. Gotta love it when that happens. :)

• Like 1

Damn dude I applaud you, congratulations! Keep it up and do your thing! I guarantee she's questioning the hell out of her decision right now :laugh:

• Like 1
organizedchaos
Thanks guys. It feels good to be able to be on the other side of the coin.

Feels something like this right?

(explicit lyrics)
  • Like 2

I was expecting that it will happen not so soon but I did.

Am glad for realization you had and all of the pleasure of being able to say NO.

Not good enough for me anymore : )))

HUGS

• Like 1

congrats man - that's great news - keep your focus and keep moving forward - it's funny - two days ago i felt better than i ever have this last 3 months - mentally moved on - not thinking about her - yesterday was the same.. had a great start to the morning - and then i get an email from her - first time she's initiated contact since we broke up...

i've read so many stories of Exes getting in touch as soon as folks move on... it's weird hu? i guess we all are connected somehow...

anyway - enjoy! and good luck :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Many of our mutual friends are delivering the message of "had bad she wants me back." What part of she cut me deeply does she not understand?

I've stated before, I'm a VERY forgiving person. Not to sound cocky, but I'm one of the nicest people I know. But I have to draw the line in the sand somewhere.

She has no clue how difficult of a year it's been so far for me. For here to waltz right back into the picture honestly upsets me. She shut the door right on my face, how can I give that a second go? Why should I?

If this happened a few weeks back, maybe I would give in because I was in a state of shock still. But now I'm somewhere else mentally.

Sgt. Pepper

My ex and I broke up bitterly in May 2013 and my fiance and I got together in July and in August the ex drunk dialed me and expressed regret and said unkind words about my fiancé.

• Author
My ex and I broke up bitterly in May 2013 and my fiance and I got together in July and in August the ex drunk dialed me and expressed regret and said unkind words about my fiancé.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet

• Author
Do you think she found out that you were dating somebody else?

I'm assuming so. I haven't told anyone about this new girl of mine though. This relationship is still fairly new so I don't know if I'm ready to become "official" yet.

I dunno. My his is all scrambled.