Did your ex upgrade or downgrade! ?

I kicked out my ex at 3 in the morning when I found out she was cheating, about 2 or 3 weeks later I find out she left me for a short pudgy dark stubby guy. I wont lie it felt good to know she couldnt do better but at the same time i felt bad because everything she said she didnt like in a guy he had.

They're still together it's almost going to be 2 years but he only got fatter and i know he beat her but oh well... it was her choice to stay.

Whats your story?

Do you think your ex did better or worse?

How did you feel after finding out?

it's all subjective. Downgrade for you could be an upgrade in their eyes, which equates to them considering you to be worse than the person you believe you're better than. Everyone convinces themselves of whatever they need to make themselves feel better.

In the end, it doesn't matter unless you're looking to boost your ego or waste time thinking about their life without you.

• Like 5

I think mine downgraded in his eyes because he tells me that he loves me still and that he dreams about me and a bunch of other TMI and I'm just glad he's gone

hink mine downgraded in his eyes because he tells me that he loves me still and that he dreams about me and a bunch of other TMI and I'm just glad he's gone

First LTR ex has a guy that looks like me if a had a beard.

I got gigs with her and overlapped five years ago so whatever happened after that is better than what I deserve.

Second LTR ex found a new guy about a month after bu.

I thought it won't last but they are happy as I gather.

I wish her all the happiness in the world.

She was so cute my family adored her.

Albeit I never loved her. If love is rational, I'd be married with childto her.

Last ex... Check my thread.

Drinks, smokes, hangs with lowlifes, only woman I know which was harassed for sex by heremplo yer, doesn't care about self development...

I don't know. Maybe I wasn't much of a prospect when she was with me but I know at leastmy pplace under the sun now.

In the case of my xh, see due to us having children together. Both gf's he has had since we divorced in my opinion are total downgrades if you go by the looks. Granted, he likes them so what do I care. I just know i look better than them and it makes me smile.

My ex-girlfriend is a beautiful woman who is selfish and full of herself. She can get any man she wanted to. Do I know if she upgraded or downgraded? No. She's not a part of my life. Why should I care? It's useless knowledge. I hope she upgraded because if she broke my heart and ends up with someone worse off than I was, then all of the pain I've felt would've been for nothing! She DAMN WELL better have got something better!

• Like 2

I think the wrong word is being used in this thread.

It's not her finding someone "better" than you. It's her finding someone more compatible than you.

Honestly, I don't even care. It's her life that she has to worry about, I'm just doing me and making sure *I* find someone more compatible.

• Like 1
My ex-girlfriend is a beautiful woman who is selfish and full of herself. She can get any man she wanted to. Do I know if she upgraded or downgraded? No. She's not a part of my life. Why should I care? It's useless knowledge. I hope she upgraded because if she broke my heart and ends up with someone worse off than I was, then all of the pain I've felt would've been for nothing! She DAMN WELL better have got something better!

SNAP!!!

Any man she wanted yet she chose a friend of mine. Someone who's lifestyle she was against someone who she believed to be immature and irresponsible, someone she thought was a negative influence. Oh the Irony.

So upgraded or downgraded not sure but someone who lives the lifestyle I used to live before I settled down and accepted family responsibilities !

• Author

Confused human bean that wasn't the point of the thread... at the end of the day nothing really matters but This is a public forum and I was just trying to open a discussion.

I would state, in the cold light of day, that the guy my exW moved on to, and remains with nearly four years later, was indeed an upgrade. He was completely unfettered by other attentions (I was doing EOL care at the time) and financially, at the time anyway, more viable and he's demonstrated good handyman skills to take care of the house I provided her with. I'd say she did pretty well.

I've left women behind for the time-being so really don't have any dogs in the fight so can look at results in a dispassionate manner. Time and perspective affords that. Good luck.

This thread makes me want to bawl my eyes out. I'm fresh BU, with contact just 2 days ago and the thought of what he's possibly with, or will end up with, is too much for me. It makes me want to throw up. As of right now, it's one of the worst thoughts I've ever had. It doesn't matter what I "imagine" her to look like in my mind, just the fact he'll be making love to someone else kills me. God, this hurts. :(

• Like 2
I kicked out my ex at 3 in the morning when I found out she was cheating, about 2 or 3 weeks later I find out she left me for a short pudgy dark stubby guy. I wont lie it felt good to know she couldnt do better but at the same time i felt bad because everything she said she didnt like in a guy he had.

They're still together it's almost going to be 2 years but he only got fatter and i know he beat her but oh well... it was her choice to stay.

Whats your story?

Do you think your ex did better or worse?

How did you feel after finding out?

I find this really interesting, my ex did exactly the same he's out with a girl who is way younger than me, and he had a problem when we were together with me being id'd and him feeling like a paedo for it, she's ginger which he used to make fun of and was long distance which he would never have done for me. It's going on 5 months now. But just weird. I would say he downgraded because he is out with a little girl who loves vampire teenage flicks and all that other girly pink crap.

Also it's not like she's got a better job than I do, she's younger than me - she doesn't even have a degree yet. Her gene's are worse, she has family with genetic conditions. She's actually more self-conscious than I am or narcissistic, although I think he thinks she's confident - no one puts that many photos of themselves up on the internet and posing in a bikini - no background plain old posing just for the camera for all the guys to see online and tags the picture with pretty, and sexy and cute etc. Who does that?

Edited by sugarpea

The ones i had a bad relationship with, i refuse to keep tabs on ... i suspect downgraded because what they had going for them was the fact that they were girls and they looked reasonably ok, and those things taper off after a certain age.

Of the 2 that i know of, one downgraded ... but she had some problems in retrospect.

My last gf, well ... i hate to say this but she upgraded. When we dated she was in a much better place [career wise but also physically/mentally] than i was and long term it showed.

Doesn't bother me though, mostly because our relationship at the time would not have worked anyway [i had major problems], and even if i was in a better place for the relationship, we had differences in how we viewed things that would not have worked long term.

Thinking about this, i have to add one thing.

It would bother me if the ones i don't keep tabs on had upgraded ... i don't think they deserved it.

But the other ones, it doesn't bother me even if they won the lottery and got married to a prince; they were not what i would consider 'bad ppl'.

Edited by Radu

It's impossible to upgrade from me. I feel bad for my ex, she gave up the best man she'll ever have.

But it doesn't really matter either way. She is still single and even if she wasn't she can be with whoever she'd like, just like I can. The beauty of being single.

• Like 1
Don't know, don't care.

Snap- not interested if he upgrading or downgrade. Cudnt give 2 flying f@#k what hes doing

• Like 2

happy to report that 6 months post-breakup I don't know and don't care and hope I never find out what he is doing or who he's doing it with. but the man was a certified fool - I was a major catch, so anyone would be a downgrade :-)

• Like 1

Don't know what she's up to these days, but I know I've upgraded from her and that's all that matters -- better personality, charisma, looks, sex drive and best of all for me: responsibility!

• Like 1
Frank2thepoint

It doesn't matter, nor do I care, what any of my ex-girlfriends had after me. What matters is when I broke up with them, it instantly became better for me.