Why does my ex keep contacting me?

My ex of 8 years left me 8 months ago. he immediately started seeing someone else. As far as I know they are still together. He broke no contact last month first by texting my sister to find me(changed my #).

then before Thanksgiving by emailing me. He said he had a nightmare about me and wanted to make sure that I was okay so that he could sleep. I responded a few days later stupid I know. He responded asking me how I'm doing, a few inside jokes & that was it. I got extremely confused & upset so I turned off my mail entirely.

Fast forward to this month.: today I had to turn my mail back on for business.My ex emailed me 4 times Wednesday at 430am. I did not see them till just now. (he's a musician) he emailed me 4 of his new songs with his new band. Each email had one song & why I would like it. The last one said hope all is well merry Christmas! ..? I'm more angry than anything. I'm so sad & depressed. This is my first Christmas without him in 9 yrs.

My ex of 8 years left me 8 months ago. he immediately started seeing someone else. As far as I know they are still together. He broke no contact last month first by texting my sister to find me(changed my #).

then before Thanksgiving by emailing me. He said he had a nightmare about me and wanted to make sure that I was okay so that he could sleep. I responded a few days later stupid I know. He responded asking me how I'm doing, a few inside jokes & that was it. I got extremely confused & upset so I turned off my mail entirely.

Fast forward to this month.: today I had to turn my mail back on for business.My ex emailed me 4 times Wednesday at 430am. I did not see them till just now. (he's a musician) he emailed me 4 of his new songs with his new band. Each email had one song & why I would like it. The last one said hope all is well merry Christmas! ..? I'm more angry than anything. I'm so sad & depressed. This is my first Christmas without him in 9 yrs.

Look if he has a girlfriend now you don't need to answer his text or emails unless he wants to get together with you, and you whant to get back together with him. I think he's messing with you.

He is getting in touch because:

- you haven't blocked him

- things with new gf are going south and he is getting nostalgic

- he misses comfort and predictability of long term relationship

- because you responded to his previous attempts

- because he can.

Get back on NC horse. If you changed your number so he couldn't contact you, tell you friends and family not to share it without your permission. Block him on your new number and delete that old email account. Now, enjoy your very first Christmas without a man who didn't love and appreciated you enough.

• Like 1

Let his stupid mails go into a junk folder, no need to read them.

Block him on your phone. There are apps for free available for that. As the previous poster stated: Tell your friends and family to not give your number to your ex.

You owe him nothing. He is trying to ease his guilt or his new relationship is on the rocks. Let his girlfriend listen to his stupid songs. Ugh! The nerve of some people!