Girl Ended Things out of the Blue

Hey guys, I'm am hoping that someone could shed some light on this and I appreciate any views on my situation.

Ok so after being friends with the girl this is about for a couple of years, we began seeing each other romantically at the beginning of the school year. We would see each other around two to three times a week outside of school, where we became more and more involved as time went by. Everything went at her pace, I made sure of that. She would constantly text and tell me things like "I cant stop thinking about you" and "I cant wait to see you later", the likes. When we were together, things went perfectly, and it was clear to me that she liked me, even more than I liked her. Things went very well for a little over a month and then suddenly one day I could tell that she was acting differently. Literally over night this change occurred. Things were perfect one night, and the next night she made an excuse not to see me that she never would have made before. I let this go, except that the excuses went on for the next week. Finally I asked her what was going on and she requested that we take a pause. I did not understand this because it was very hard for me to be without her for even a couple of days, much less a whole month, so how could she, who used to beg me to come over, go from that to feeling the need to "pause", overnight? So then we were paused for a couple of weeks at the end of which she officially ended the relationship entirely.

Whenever I asked her why she wanted to stop seeing me she would say that she freaked out about entering a relationship and needs time to be herself before being with someone else. During the pause she wanted me to stick around and be her friend and that she would let me know when she wanted more than friendship again. I feel that it is also VERY important to note that she came out of a serious relationship where she was dumped by her ex four months prior to being with me. She had loved him very much and was insanely upset about their break up, and her ex was even getting mad when he heard that she was with other guys after him, even though he dumped her. She had been with many guys over the summer filling in her "rebound" needs.

I am writing here today simply inquiring as to why she changed her mind about us over night, as I feel that the "I freaked out" thing is nothing but an excuse. I am not expecting her to come back and I am slowly moving on, but I am just curious as to how this happened.

1 month in your case 2.5 years in mine... people do what they want to do, and people change, it sucks but there is nothing we can do about it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the response. But in your case where you said the relationship lasted two and a half years, there is much that could have gone wrong, and perhaps the other person even fell out of love. In my case where things were only getting better and better as time went by, I am not sure as to what would have prompted the separation so suddenly.