Suicidal Thoughts

Vinsanity1307

So I feel like I have reached the end of my rope. The constant in love memories of us, the thoughts of her intimately with someone else are just to much to bare. The living so close to her is just as painful as well. I feel like there is only one way to ever end this madness. I love her and I just dont see me letting go. I admit its just something I will never let go of, and something that I can't overcome. I am not sure what else to do, but the thought seems to becoming more clear.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/417902-dumped-after-5-years

LostConfused123
So I feel like I have reached the end of my rope. The constant in love memories of us, the thoughts of her intimately with someone else are just to much to bare. The living so close to her is just as painful as well. I feel like there is only one way to ever end this madness. I love her and I just dont see me letting go. I admit its just something I will never let go of, and something that I can't overcome. I am not sure what else to do, but the thought seems to becoming more clear.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/417902-dumped-after-5-years

Please please call a hotline now!!!

No one is worth ending your life!! This pain is brutal but won't last forever! I promise!

• Like 4
crazybestie101

PLEASE , don't hurt yourself like this. I have been through same situation for 3 years , i had same thought but some how i managed. And guess what one day i met wonderful man. He was better than last one in many ways. In one night , things flipped and i was the happiest person. I am so thankful that break up happpened so i got to be much better person. Dude , please don't do this to yourself. Life worth more than that. Think about kids who suffer from rare cancer , lukemia , they understand value of life. They are so desperate to live their life despite of their illness. Here you have healthy life and you want to give it up for some person whom you met just years ago. Think about your parents , siblings or family. NEVER EVER , hurt yourself for someone. I am very sure you will meet someone wonderful and you will be the happiest person again. Its just matter of some moments. Hang it there , you will come out as brave and better person. I promise!

• Like 5
LostConfused123

Most of us here are in complete full blown agony just like you.

We understand. Think of all the people you will hurt if you do something foolish.

I know it doesn't seem possible but you can and WILL overcome this nightmare. . . time will see to that.

• Like 4
mikejensen3355

All I can say dude is I think it's probably normal to think that sometimes. At least I hope it is, because I've had thoughts like that before. But you gotta hang in there dude. As bad as it is, it's not going to kill you. It's been almost 6 months since the breakup for me and I was doing just a little bit better and one email from her rocked my world and I'm back to square one with the constant anxiety and just feeling awful.

You can overcome it, but I can't give you a timeline. It's probably going to hurt for a long time, you have to accept that and just keep doing the right things knowing one day it will be over. One day you'll actually feel good. I don't remember what that feels like anymore, but I'm hoping it's possible.

You gotta give yourself a chance to be happy again. Don't take the easy way out. I don't know if there's a God or an afterlife, but if there is, would you want to spend eternity in hell over this? Or if it's all just over after we die, at least give yourself a shot at having a good life again. Imagine down the road that you could be insanely happy with a girl and have some awesome kids or something, and you could be throwing it all away right now.

Just hang in there dude. The girl that left me also took her 2 little kids that I love to death. And I'm an idiot so I've actually seen her and the kids with a different guy and I feel like it's etched into my mind forever. Some days I don't even know how I'm going to make it. But I do. And you will too.

I can message you my phone number if you ever just want to talk to someone about it that's going through the same thing instead of a hotline or something. But don't give up dude.

• Like 6

You need to ask someone for help. We've all been through this, and we've all had similar thoughts. By someone, I mean a member of your family, or a health professional. Writing on the internet is pretty useless at your stage, and will just frustrate you even more. There's always a better solution than suicide, always. You just need help to find it.

It might feel that your situation is totally unique, and the pain is unbearable, but we all suffer it at some point. It will even visit upon your ex at some point in her life, in one form or another. Sometimes being human sucks, but the one thing we all have in common, is pain and loss. It's just your turn for the ****ty stick.

I myself have had the ****ty end of the stick more time than I care to remember, and thought that I could just end it all, but I'm still here, giving the finger to the world, and life in general. The strength to survive is a powerful instinct, that once found, will serve you well throughout your entire life.

I ramble.

Just tell someone how you feel. If it doesn't help, tell someone else. If that doesn't work, it's then you realise that only you can make yourself strong enough to beat this crap. Losing a partner, or a 'love' is part of life. The same life that made you so happy. The happiness will return one day and you will be thankful that you become strong enough to carry on.

Basically, life sucks sometimes, but it's all we have, and it's short enough as it is. Don't make it any shorter through a deliberate act.

• Like 4

Please, please understand you're not alone in this. You have all of us.

I was with my ex for a little over 4 yrs, we had an AMAZING sex life. Things just kept getting better and better at the very end. Why am I telling you this? Because I can see sex used to be a very important factor for you in your last relationship, you will meet someone with whom you'll have amazing sex in the future.

You're not the only one going crazy thinking about their ex partner having sex with someone else. Not just sex, but having a relationship with someone else. I've started talking to this guy and it feels nice but every time we flirt or talk about when we're gonna hang out, I start thinking about my ex doing the same thing, and I feel bad.

You're not alone. We're all going through the same thing...

Every time I go out on my ex's day's off I'm always scared to bumping into him, I seriously don't know how you can live so near your ex. I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT.

• Like 5

Hey man, I've felt terrible before...I've felt like walking into traffic before...but that's not the way to deal with all this. It's not the right way because you aren't making a reasonable decision. Suicide hits pretty close to home for me, and I know how much it hurts family and friends...and even the people who don't know you, like myself. You need to take time to open your thoughts-be it a friend, notebook or helpline. I know nothing I say will particularly influence your life, but know that living is beyond your relationship...it's also about the other people around you. For me, that's what keeps me going. There are people who care. Use them, and be strong! Don't be afraid to seek help.

• Like 3

Vin, you need to go to one of those places I posted the other day. I'm going to PM you my number. Give me a call or text if are continuing to feel these feelings.

• Like 10
LostConfused123
Please, please understand you're not alone in this. You have all of us.

I was with my ex for a little over 4 yrs, we had an AMAZING sex life. Things just kept getting better and better at the very end. Why am I telling you this? Because I can see sex used to be a very important factor for you in your last relationship, you will meet someone with whom you'll have amazing sex in the future.

You're not the only one going crazy thinking about their ex partner having sex with someone else. Not just sex, but having a relationship with someone else. I've started talking to this guy and it feels nice but every time we flirt or talk about when we're gonna hang out, I start thinking about my ex doing the same thing, and I feel bad.

You're not alone. We're all going through the same thing...

Every time I go out on my ex's day's off I'm always scared to bumping into him, I seriously don't know how you can live so near your ex. I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT.

Exactly! The thought of my ex touching another woman (even holding her hand) makes me sick.

What gets me through is I know I won't care one day. Does it seem possible right now? Hell no! But I know that day will come. . I will be damned if I don't live to see that day!

• Like 3
mikejensen3355

OK I think I don't have the ability to send private messages yet. I like this site a lot but don't really understand why you have to become an "established member" to PM someone or try to help someone out.

But dude if you want someone to talk to, you can email me at [email protected]. I'm in the same depths of despair as you.

• Like 4

Please please hang in there. You have so many people who love you and all of us are with you. Most of us have been in your stage - but think about this - suicide is running away from the problem, you want to end your life over someone like her? She will probably feel guilty for a while and then she will orget about you. Please, you have a whole life ahead of you! There are so many other people in the world besides her. Be strong, be positive. It will get worse befote it gets better. It WILL get better. Everyone here will agree with me on that. I am so touched that so many people here offer their numbers/emails to you. Take that as HOPE! You will be fine :) Hugs z

• Like 2

You must go to your nearest hospital and tell them about your currently mental state. No one is worth you feeling like this, no one. I urge you to go to your nearest hospital, this is just the beginning.

• Like 4

I've felt suicidal too but don't think about it. This will pass I promise and you're not alone, we're all hoping the best for you.

Don't end your life, go to sleep tonight and tomorrow wake up knowing you're still alive and free to do anything you want because you have nothing left to worry about. That's what I did and you can too.

I started doing all the things I feared because if I don't fear death then I'm going to beat all my other fears before I kill myself.

Act like you're already dead and have fun with it! Seriously try it.

I started calling family I haven't contacted for years. I didn't care that it was awkward anymore because I'm dead.

I walked into a basketball court, I didn't know anyone playing. I've never played basketball in my life. But I'm dead so who cares! Now I play there twice a week and I've met some cool guys.

I went to a see a live band I love but none of my friends would go with me I didn't care about social anxiety because I'm dead. I went alone and it was awesome.

Me and my friend were squatting at the gym and arguing about hip drive. I went upstairs and asked a really hot girl "DO YOU KNOW HIP DRIVE" it was so random. She actually said "yeah the karate throw" and I played along "YEAH YEAH CAN YOU DO IT" and she showed me how to do it really enthusiastically so I said "you won't be able to lift me though" and her friend tried picking me up and she couldn't so they both tried lifting me it was really funny and now she talks to me. I went back downstairs to my friend and he said where the **** you been. I said learning about hip drive with a smoking hot babe and it went straight over his head it was funny.

Another girl situation I felt like I wanted to kill myself back in October and I was waiting for a friend in a busy shopping mall. I just started walking up to girls and telling them to put their number in my phone without even saying hi and I got a few laughs and a number. I was thinking how disappointed I was with my ex and love, relationships. I wanted to get rejected and I didn't care, I was dead, I'm gonna have fun.

So anytime you feel like doing don't do it, just go crazy instead it's more fun and you'll soon heal.

That's what it feels like to turn suicidal thoughts into positive energy, you will feel invincible, unstoppable.

When you walk past your exs house think who cares what she's doing, I'm not scared of dying and she doesn't matter either because I'll find someone better, 1000% no excuses.

You can do it man, go for a swim at 2am in the ocean naked!

If you're willing to kill yourself it means you've lost it all. This isn't a bad thing because it means you are free to do whatever you want now, run around naked,

• Like 4

Vin- we have all had these thoughts, shoot I'll speak for myself just a few days ago I felt completely hopeless. I went to my therapist and she literally broke stuff down for me in a very raw manner, certainly put things into perspective. You need to speak to a professional, this is your life man and you need to take charge. There is help out there, you are not alone, no one is. Take advantage of the many resources and do not allow this to escalate.

• Like 4

I think telling yourself you're already dead and living in a space of self awareness is better than giving in. It's a better option and don't knock it until you've tried it. Each new day you will feel better and more alive but as a new person.

Don't take depression meds, been there done that. That's a can of worms.

Exercise

Take a B12 supplement (look up B12 deficiency)

Eat a lot of fruit. The fructose and sugar will give you energy and let you thrive. The brain runs of glucose exclusively and getting the sugars in is 1000% better than doing anti-depressants.

I think you need to meet new women to help get your ex off the pedestal and see her for who she really is now.

I don't mean dating just meeting and getting to know people.

Try meeting some new women online and getting close as friends, you're free to do this now you're not in a relationship so make use of it! I know right now you don't want to because you only want your ex but trust me I felt the way until I started meeting new people.

I realized that there ARE awesome people out there other than my ex and I met a girl from Portugal who and we had a video call on Skype and I felt soo good afterwards because it was new and exciting. She was happy and smiling and talking lots, we read lyrics to each other and had to guess the band. That night I didn't think of my ex! Now I don't cry when I actively seek old memory thought at night, even if I try to cry I can't!.

Just get a new taste out there, you're still young man!

Whilst i'm glad Mooo is doing these things for himself, i would advise against "telling yourself you're already dead".

Depression is a treatable illness. Your GP can prescribe something to help (please, no medication bashing. There's a reason these drugs exist). It might be enough to help beat the clouds away temporarily, to go onto the next step.

And call those numbers reddragon sent you! No excuses, you had a wealth of resources provided. At least try them before checking out.

That's what I was thinking, OP should look into start taking some meds...

Hang in there, OP!

Vin- we have all had these thoughts, shoot I'll speak for myself just a few days ago I felt completely hopeless. I went to my therapist and she literally broke stuff down for me in a very raw manner, certainly put things into perspective. You need to speak to a professional, this is your life man and you need to take charge. There is help out there, you are not alone, no one is. Take advantage of the many resources and do not allow this to escalate.

I wish people who have seen therapists would create a thread and share all that advice... It'd be really helpful!

• Like 3

For sure write down your feelings and talk to someone who can help you fix how to deal with them. Everyone needs help, I'm sure we all got help from someone here, whether it was our friends, family or some stranger online.

Everyone needs help, you're not alone.

• Like 2

Yes- talk to anyone, vent, talk to strangers even, you will be amazed at the kind and positive feedback you will receive. Everyone needs help, everyone needs to vent at some point, take the initiative and start making things happen for yourself, put the word out there that you need help. You need to take this beyond this forum you need strong professional assistance. I understand you mentioned previously that money may be an issue there are substantial amounts of programs you can apply to at the hospital and benefit from their services. Ultimately do this for you, life is filled with endless opportunities, take advantage of every single one.

• Like 2
Please please call a hotline now!!!

No one is worth ending your life!! This pain is brutal but won't last forever! I promise!

God. Please. Don't!

I almost did the same thing over an abusive ******* when I was 19. Years later you will look back and be horrified that you ever thought of ending your life over her.

It gets better.

Anyway at all to consider moving? At this point, wouldn't living in a van down by the river be better than this???

You need to be able to truly go NC and heal!

But right now, promise everyone on this thread that you will a) call someone, a friend, family member etc. and let them know you are having these thoughts, and have them come over and stay with you until you are safe or b) call up a hotline right now and tell them these thoughts, AND c) promise us that you will take no action to harm yourself.

You can always decide to do it later, you can never undo it once it is done. There is absolutely no loss in waiting!

• Like 2

Dude, you're young!!! You have so much ahead of you. And yes, maybe even more heartbreak. But these times of pain are what make the pleasure side so much better.

I'm probably close to twice your age, and sometimes my future doesn't look so promising. Fatter. Less hair. Less opportunities, etc. But you're still a young man with so much to look forward to. I promise you, you will make it through this if you just stick it out!!!

You absolutely, 100% need a good therapist. Put it on a credit card if you have too. One or two thousand in credit debt is well worth it, if it helps!!

• Like 4
I wish people who have seen therapists would create a thread and share all that advice... It'd be really helpful!

Done!

Although slightly modified. The advice/ideas given to one client in one situation really many times can't and shouldn't transfer to another. And also to post that advice in some ways, to my mind risks acting like one, when one doesn't have the credentials, and I'm guessing Loveshack doesn't need the lawsuit/s.

But!

A place to share good experiences, maybe a few thoughts carefully that seem applicable to most/all and don't verge into territory too necessary to be qualified in, a place to describe what it is like to those who may be afraid of it?

Heck yes!

• Like 1

Vin mate, make a plan. You need a plan now! All the advice you have here is doable. Whether you go the GP route as Aspiring said or go the supplement route as Moo suggested. I have been taking prozac for a few months now and it has helped level me out. No side affects for me. But you need to act now and do something instead of standing still. Talk to someone today if possible. Take care

• Like 3