How do respond to her?

my ex girlfriend texted me saying that she wants the best for me, that i deserve someone who will love me. that she wishes all the best, to find happiness and to take care. "this will be my final goodbye." :(

i'm responding by saying:

"i've come to realize that i've been immature after our breakup and i can't make things happen. i know you're really happy, and i shouldn't be bitter about it. but i am genuinely happy for you. i just hope you know my actions don't define me. i just wish the best for you now. so good luck and goodbye."

any suggestions?

Edited by Wall E
ConfusedHumanBeing
my ex girlfriend texted me saying that she wants the best for me, that i deserve someone who will love me. that she wishes all the best, to find happiness and to take care. "this will be my final goodbye." :(

i'm responding by saying:

"i've come to realize that i've been immature after our breakup and i can't make things happen. i know you're really happy, and i shouldn't be bitter about it. but i am genuinely happy for you. i just hope you know my actions don't define me. i just wish the best for you now. so good luck and goodbye."

any suggestions?

Don't even respond. It won't do much of anything.

• Like 3
  • Author
Don't even respond. It won't do much of anything.

i want to show her i'm more mature, which something she complained about.

i just want her to know the truth.

Agree with Wall E.

What you wrote sounds like a bunch of convoluted nonsense, you just don't see it right now. If you send that, I promise, when you come to your senses, you will feel like a complete idiot later on. And in her eyes, if she receives that, you will look like a complete idiot immediately. Please, trust us on this.

Please don't send anything at all. Leave it alone. Read and implement NC. Period. It is your only option. Yas

• Like 4
ConfusedHumanBeing
i want to show her i'm more mature, which something she complained about.

i just want her to know the truth.

Again, what good is it going to do? If she knows this, what's that going to do? She isn't.going to be like "oh he is being mature. I want him back now" Sadly man, how she preceives you is really no concern currently

• Like 1
  • Author
Again, what good is it going to do? If she knows this, what's that going to do? She isn't.going to be like "oh he is being mature. I want him back now" Sadly man, how she preceives you is really no concern currently

she say's i'm a boy, who doesn't know how to be happy for her, thats the reason why she left, because we were on different maturity levels. i was dependent on her for happiness and she didn't like that clinginess. i understand now.

she said if i was just happy for her even if it wasn't with me, things would be different than they are now.

she say's i'm a boy, who doesn't know how to be happy for her, thats the reason why she left, because we were on different maturity levels. i was dependent on her for happiness and she didn't like that clinginess. i understand now.

she said if i was just happy for her even if it wasn't with me, things would be different than they are now.

Actions speak louder than words. I know it's hard but don't reply.

Better yourself and show her what she's missing.

• Like 2
ConfusedHumanBeing

Doesn't matter the reasons whether those are true or not.....which I'm doubting highly. Either way, don't do a damn thing. Move on, do not talk to her, and heal.

• Like 2

It's over and no matter what you so or do, she doesn't care about you in the way she used to. Words after the fact are meaningless so move on.

• Like 3

I agree with all the above guys.. I know

Your thinking not even replying makes you look immature but the relationship is

Over for now at least.. Say nothing and walk away with dignity.

It will also show your not her puppy on a lead barking everytime she pulls the lead ... I don't see any good from

Replying.. Sorry

• Like 2
  • Author

i know. this is how she really feels about me, and i just want her to know i've changed. its counter intuitive, and maybe i think she'll change her mind about me.

i know. this is how she really feels about me, and i just want her to know i've changed. its counter intuitive, and maybe i think she'll change her mind about me.

I'm sure she could care less if you have changed or not. I know that hurts, but it's really the truth. She is sending you a goodbye message to make herself feel better. I promise that you will regret that message and feel stupid in a few months. We are all in agreement here because I would bet that a lot of posters here have made similar mistakes and felt ridiculous afterwards. I sent some nonsense texts and emails that I now regret. NC all the way.

Edited by BC1980
  • Like 2

DO NOT REPLY! YOU WILL REGRET IT! IT'S THE BEST SHE'S THE ONE WHO LAST MESSAGE YOU! JUST WALK AWAY AND START NC NOW..

I put it on bold for you.

• Like 2
do not reply! You will regret it! It's the best she's the one who last message you! Just walk away and start nc now..

i put it on bold for you.

take this message on board sir!

• Like 2

I really get the impression you want to reply and that makes sense

I get that ..

So what I suggest is go write a reply (on paper)perfectly and exactly

How you feel .. Keep it in your room and read it again this day next week

You'll probably be surprised how much feelings/emotions change over a week..

She did say "final goodbye" I think for you it's best to let

This go for now .. She wants u gone show her life without u and that shows your maturity too that u respected her wishes!!

• Like 1
  • Author

alright guys. to tell you the truth i want to get back with her, i've begged and pleaded for so long. for the first time i want to show her something different.

what are my options for getting her back, if its to go NC, how will she see a change in me???

If you want to show her something different.. Then ignore it! Man you begged and pleaded for so long. Now if you want to show that you are different walk away and be a Man.

alright guys. to tell you the truth i want to get back with her, i've begged and pleaded for so long. for the first time i want to show her something different.

what are my options for getting her back, if its to go NC, how will she see a change in me???

• Like 1

When you go No Contact do it for yourself. Improve yourself and maybe she will see a change. But that change needs to be for you and not for her.

• Like 1
  • Author

so just act like i don't care, do me and maybe she'll come around? what about out of sight out of mind, she probably won't even care about me.

Dude read my thread.. Look how powerful is walking away and doing NO CONTACT is.

Link

so just act like i don't care, do me and maybe she'll come around? what about out of sight out of mind, she probably won't even care about me.
  • Like 1

Look man, you made the worst mistakes in a BU (Ive done it with my first and most others itt probably also)

Your begging, and pleading and crying, reduced you to a weak, pathetic and clingy little man in her eyes. Definitely NOT the man she first fell for.

You need to change now, and fast! The only chance you will ever have of her gaining respect for you, is by dropping her completely...

Stop being a complete WALLY now and be a strong man.

You go silent, it will eventually (If its not to late) bug her, and she will start to wonder wtf you are not caring about her anymore. Its a game now of saving dignity and respect, and gaining ground.

GO COLD TURKEY FROM THIS GIRL. YOUR ONLY CHANCE NOW.

• Like 1
  • Author
Look man, you made the worst mistakes in a BU (Ive done it with my first and most others itt probably also)

Your begging, and pleading and crying, reduced you to a weak, pathetic and clingy little man in her eyes. Definitely NOT the man she first fell for.

You need to change now, and fast! The only chance you will ever have of her gaining respect for you, is by dropping her completely...

Stop being a complete WALLY now and be a strong man.

You go silent, it will eventually (If its not to late) bug her, and she will start to wonder wtf you are not caring about her anymore. Its a game now of saving dignity and respect, and gaining ground.

GO COLD TURKEY FROM THIS GIRL. YOUR ONLY CHANCE NOW.

thats the thing i'm doing the opposite of begging, i'm letting her know that i'm happy for her even if it's with someone else. i just feel like thats what she wants to hear, and maybe her view of me will change. if you heard what she wants from me, then you'd understand.