not sure how to handle this??

So me and my ex broke up about four months ago. We have a ton of mutual friends and we have bumped into each other at bars more than I can say is usual for people who just broke up. Every time we do though we end up having one of two conversations. One is how she still have feelings for me and misses me and the other is another reason to add to the list of 50 other reasons on how I messed up and why I cause it to fail. Its been like this since the beginning of the bu. I will admit a few of these conversations have been started by me but that was right after she broke up with me. The last month we've bumped into each other several times and she has started it all. I just want to be done with it all. Sometimes she is mad at me because i dont go up and start having a conversation or she will be sarcastic about it all. I done want to date her and she is very persistent on being friends and I wouldn't mind that because of are mutual friends but this has to stop. Do I try and talk to her at a restaurant and explain everything and how it needs to stop or what

what_a_blonde

Whether you want to remain friends with her is up to you. I don't see any reason not to be respectful and polite when you see her, but if you have no intention of dating her ever again then I would do my best to limit interactions if I were you.

If you see her at a bar don't go out of your way to go say hi and strike up a convo. There's no need especially since you two are done.

If you want to remain "friends" you can try, but I know that can be very hard, especially if she continues to talk about feelings. I would draw serious boundaries though. Like only seeing one another and being cordial if its at group hang out.

• Like 1