Ex used my credit card to pay bill

I'm sure it was by accident as she does not need my money. We used online bill pay for this account and my card info was stored in the website as I normally paid this particular bill when we were together. We have had NC for 2 months.

She might not even be aware she used my card to pay it. As in my other thread I ran into her mother the other day at the store. Should I call her mother and ask she find out what happened? If it were a small amount I'd not worry but this particular bill is several hundred dollars.

She didn't do it by accident...

You normally pay but this month she paid it with your CC.. dude...

My wife and I have our own cards and I have cards at work as well and I can keep them all separate even though they are on the same online account.

She either expects you to continue to pay it, she did it to get a reaction out of you and get you to contact her or she did it just to piss on you.. accident.. nah.. but she will say that though...

Time to remove your CC data from that online account

• Author

I no longer have access to the online account as she changed the login info the day she dumped me. (As I did all my accounts).

I don't know why she would try to get a rise out of me or piss on me as you say. Our break-up was not mutual but was civil. There was no begging or pleading. We have not seen or spoken since the day she dumped me.

I do however wonder if its a coincidence this happened the same day I ran into her mom at the store? Maybes she's mad I didn't ask about her?

First off, call and report your CC lost so that she can no longer use the card.. easy peasy, then send her an email asking for a reimbursement.

Go from there.

I hate to say this but it sounds like she had every intention of doing this, other wise she would have changed the password and deleted the CC data herself, people are not stupid.

Don't go to war over this.. just cancel the CC, dispute the charge if you feel you have the right to do that and if not then ask her to be pay you back.

and I repeat.. don't go to war over this..it's a blip and nothing more

• Like 3
  • Author

I contacted the creditor by phone and was able to hear a list of past transactions from the automated system. Comes to find out she made last months payment on sept 4th. I double checked my statement and this payment did NOT come off my card.

So it seems this was not an error on her part. Maybe she thought this could cause me to reach out to her but I'm not going to do it unless I have no other option to recover my money.

Have you considered that she may have done it on purpose, but not maliciously?

I once used my ex-husband's credit card like three months after I left him to pay for a time-sensitive emergency (several hundred dollars). I had no other recourse at the time as I was financially struggling.

A few days later, I called him to explain what happened, and I promised to pay him back. He understood, and I did eventually pay him back.

You obviously cared for this woman at one point. Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt? A lot of things can happen in 2 months of NC.

• Author

She does not need the money. She would go to her folks if she did. She is an authorized user n her mom credit accounts so if she needed help with bills she would use those.

She either truly made a mistake online by clicking the wrong payment account (it only shows the last 4 digits of the stored card number and there is no name shown) or she it to make me contact her. However I will not do that unless I have no other recourse to recover the funds.

I don't care about the money but I don't want to send the message she can walk all over me if I let it go without taking some sort of action. If she did it on purpose she will try again until I respond.

I've deactivated the card.

• Author
hmm i dont get you.

you doesnt sound like you still want to keep in contact with her true the credit

card

i mean if its really over why not stop the creditcard and stop trying to

put the mom in your issues.

and get in contact with her .if needed.

if its your creditcard all you need to do is to close the account. and its over.

It's not over. The account is closed. However I still am out the money. I've filed a dispute with the CC company, once that plays out we will see if I need to take any further actions.

I don't want to involve her mother in anything, I haven't contacted her once. We bumped into each other at the store the other day. She gave me her #. I haven't called her for anything.

I don't want to break NC. If I had to I'd rather deal with her mom than her as they requested I do.