LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Does taking a break while you're married actually work?????

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Old 3rd October 2013, 12:07 PM   #1

Unhappy Does taking a break while you're married actually work?????

I'm in my mid 20's have been married going on 5 years and have a 3 year old son.

I work hard for my family, don't cheat, don't go out and party, etc.
But my wife and I have been having problems for quite a while.

To me, they're minor problems but I guess she sees it differently.

I love her and my son to death, but it's gotten to the point where if my son wasn't involved, I don't think I would take a break/separation so hard because our constant arguments sort of numbed me in a way, but because we do have a son, this is getting to be very complicated.

The other day she brought up that she wanted to move back in with her family and take a "break". I really don't see how we can work on our problems if we're not around eachother, but I pretty much don't have an option at this point. Any day now she is going to leave and take my son with her, and the thought of coming home everyday and not seeing my son light up as I get there completely breaks my heart, and I just don't know what to do.
I feel so alone in this.

I'm just wondering, do breaks really help, specifically when you're married and have young children?
jsanxb is offline   Reply With Quote