Didn't acknowledge ex at all

I was wondering if this makes me look like a d bag or something. I went to a bar last Friday and started a tab and left my card over night. Me and my friend walked down to pick it up and I walk in and get it and my friend who never met her says somebody is pointing at you. I look out of the corner of my eye and saw it was my ex. Should I have said hi or waved? I feel like it made me look good; especially since I was dressed like a million dollars in my new leather jacket and in a suit and tie and what not. I mean I didn't even look or anything lol It was so fast I didn't even care. Then I left and my friend said outside that girl pointed at you for like the whole time we were in there. I just replied I think it was one of my exs. Thoughts? How do you think she felt? Lol

headinthecloud

I guess it depends on the circumstances under which you ended the relationship and how you loved her. You obviously still care about her or you wouldn't be posting a thread about it. If she cheated on you or treated you badly then not acknowledging her can be expected. But if you had an amicable BU then ignoring her seems a tad immature. Again, depends on the circumstances and how long you were together.

• Author

We dated for a year and had an apt together and I felt like we were gonna be together forever and one day she never came home and the next week she showed up with a truck and her family and some guys they gave like 50 bucks to hep carry **** out.

• Author

But no I don't love her I mean I guess I have little feelings considering I use to date her but it's also the first time I saw her in like five months.

headinthecloud

Living with someone is much more than dating. I'm sorry she did that to you but she obviously felt she had a good reason to leave. Sounds strange that she would just leave without any indication beforehand.

• Author

I was just wondering what some of your opinions were on what she thought. Like do you think she felt jealous or some ****? or do you think she was just like thats my ex?

I was just wondering what some of your opinions were on what she thought. Like do you think she felt jealous or some ****? or do you think she was just like thats my ex?

Probably like crap. The worst feeling is to be ignored. You did good not even looking and owe her nothing.

In my opinion you're concerned how she felt because there's a part of you that wants her back. If you really didn't want her back or didn't care how it made her feel, you wouldn't be here gloating because honestly it wouldn't have meant a thing to you.

I was wondering if this makes me look like a d bag or something. I went to a bar last Friday and started a tab and left my card over night. Me and my friend walked down to pick it up and I walk in and get it and my friend who never met her says somebody is pointing at you. I look out of the corner of my eye and saw it was my ex. Should I have said hi or waved? I feel like it made me look good; especially since I was dressed like a million dollars in my new leather jacket and in a suit and tie and what not. I mean I didn't even look or anything lol It was so fast I didn't even care. Then I left and my friend said outside that girl pointed at you for like the whole time we were in there. I just replied I think it was one of my exs. Thoughts? How do you think she felt? Lol

I like your million dollar description, lol. Why didn't you look? How long were you in there?

• Author
I like your million dollar description, lol. Why didn't you look? How long were you in there?

Like five minutes; I just got my debit card back. I just wasn't concerned about the fact that she was there. I was just like noted and I didn't feel like "oh **** its my ex and get all weird" I was just like okay were about to go to the movies I need my money lol. I know all the bartenders there also cause were pretty cool. So i just sat and chatted for like five minutes with them; they handed me my card and I said goodbye we shook hands and I was like see you next friday lol. yeah though on how I was dressed I always dress kinda like that (nice) like in suits or well dressed but I use to be kinda hippish. So i looked totally different.

Edited by JT12
Like five minutes; I just got my debit card back. I just wasn't concerned about the fact that she was there. I was just like noted and I didn't feel like "oh **** its my ex and get all weird" I was just like okay were about to go to the movies I need my money lol. I know all the bartenders there also cause were pretty cool. So i just sat and chatted for like five minutes with them; they handed me my card and I said goodbye we shook hands and I was like see you next friday lol. yeah though on how I was dressed I always dress kinda like that (nice) like in suits or well dressed but I use to be kinda hippish. So i looked totally different and I bought an oleg cassini leather jacket. So I looked pretty pimp.

I guess, it doesn't really matter what you should have done, if you didn't feel the need to say hi or anything. She may have felt a bit hurt, thought it was rude, or she may not have cared.

You don't owe her anything and if it wasn't amicable, I would ignore them aswell. It sounds like she didn't care one once of your feelings, when she moved out out of the blue. Did she ever give you closure?

I guess, it doesn't really matter what you should have done, if you didn't feel the need to say hi or anything. She may have felt a bit hurt, thought it was rude, or she may not have cared.

Who cares if she thought the OP was rude? It sounds like she just uped and left him, pretty rude no? I don't why we have to be so concerned about the dumpers feelings, when they never are about us!

Edited by Sugarkane
  • Author

The closure i got was essentially a list of things wrong with me at a diner and then we had sex for like five hours and that was it and we never talked again.