Feel like I'm at a strange point

in the healing process.

Good news is: My ex is no longer the first thing on my mind when I wake up, I don't dwell on the ~good times~ anymore, I never really have to resist the urge to contact him, somedays i just look back on the relationship and have a what was i thinking moment, i realize now the breakup was for the best, haven't cried about it in like 6-7 weeks (cant even remember), and i dont really miss anything about the relationship/realized he was a clueless boyfriend.

However, I still miss my ex's friendship, that is basically how the end of our relationship was, we acted more like friends than two people in a relationship. Our breakup was not dramatic or anything, we more or less went our own ways. But he is a good person and I felt like he was someone I could go to for advice, etc. and i miss that because sometimes i have life problems and whatnot i know he would give me great advice but i don't have that anymore.

I'm not planning on breaking no contact or anything it's just been something on my mind.

It is having the companionship that is really messing with me too. Not the 'relationship status'. I think it is something that you only experience if you have been with someone for a decent amount of time. And missing it only really goes away when we have a new companion for a decent amount of time.

• Like 1

It's perfectly natural that you would feel that way, as a couple you spent a long time building the bond between you and it takes a long time to break that bond. Often our partners know us better than anyone, so of course you feel like they are your go to person when things get tough, exciting, lonely etc....

You're doing great from the sounds of things, so just keep on keeping on. You're a lot further down the road to healing than I am and that gives me hope that I'll get there too, eventually.

Call a friend, write in your diary, read a book, treat yourself to a couple of glasses of wine. Maybe not the best advice, but we have to get by without them because it's over.

Much love to you

• Like 1
  • Author

thanks so much! You both are right.

And yeah i have come a long way since I started. I think we all do eventually though. I LOL when i think about how after the first few weeks i would just lay in bed and ball and cry and look at pictures of my ex.

It has also helped me that I moved about 5 weeks after the breakup back home (this had been planned before breakup).

However, I will be back in the old city for work all of next month. I am staying with my friend who lives 1 block from my ex. I'm not worried about running into him really, if i do, then i do. It's just going to be weird being so close, yet ~so far~ (if you will) from him. I think i will be fine though. He was planning on moving anyways too so maybe he already left as well.