Should I keep trying to be friends or should I just get her out of my life?

TLDR: She friendzoned me to get exclusive with another guy, but eventually ignored me. Now she's sending mixed signals. I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do.

When I'm being friendly, she's cold. When I'm being cold, she gives me signals. Should I call her out on it, or should I just permanently cut contact?

------------------------------

This girl I'm having problems with friendzoned me about 2 months ago. The relationship was a quick one (4 months), which escalated from friends to dating to an open relationship. She's my classmate at college and my seatmate in most of our subjects.

She ended the relationship by saying that, essentially, she didn't want to lose our friendship and would like us to be friends. It also turned out she chose to be exclusive with somebody else.

1st week:I was expecting to be friendzoned, and prepared myself for it. No contact. I broke it after a week just to say that I was cool with being friendly. Which I really was.

2nd week: She started flirting with me again like she used to, but I acted disinterested. Didn't want to fall for her again

3rd week: She started ignoring me as well. At that point I figured I'd lost her completely.

4th and 5th week: NC . Prompting me to think, again, that I'd lost her completely.

BUT 6th week and on (around 3 weeks now):

Mixed signals:

-She glances over at me (we're seatmates so it's obvious), but when I look her way, she turns away.

-After class, she hangs around until I leave, but if I ever get close to her, she leaves immediately.

-When we have to be in the same general vicinity, she just stares straight ahead, but if I ever say anything, she mumbles what I just said.

-In contrast, when I'm talking to somebody in a group, she'll say something to the other person related to our conversation, but won't notice me.

-Lastly, one of her friends (group of 3) ignores me too, but the other one points at me behind my back and mouths something to her in a teasing way. (I know because my best friend sees it happen.)

Obviously this is taking an emotional toll on me. I just want to know what I want to do. I want to just be friendly, like a good friend, but it seems like it's only more-than-friends or nothing at all for her.

So, going back to the thread title, should I keep trying to be friends, or should I just cut contact?

She met someone she was more interested in and now that things are getting flaky with him she is trying to bounce back. Decide if you want to be her second choice or not.

I'd cut this nutter out of your life as she is showing signs of manipulation and general wishywashyness, and you don't need friends like that.

Cut her out of your life. Girls like that need to be left alone because they will always be flaky and always be hurting people whether they mean to or not.