New to this...dealing with a sad breakup

Just a little back round...Me and this guy dated for three years. He broke up with me roughly 5 months ago. I was totally taken back by this, we had a rough relationship but I'm 22 and he's 23 I consider myself to be a mature girl for my age I'm a dental assistant in the day and now picked up a waitressing job to keep me busy at night. This I felt was one of the struggles we had. He like I said is 23 and still works in the mall at a watch stand. I felt he was always upset with my success. Anyway he broke up with me told me he still loved me but he was stressed out. Me obviously still wanting to work it out didn't take this lightly, he told me he was not going to be in a relationship anytime soon and was going to focus on himself. I believed him of course, next thing I know he has a new girlfriend. I'm heart broken they seem so happy. I've worked so hard to get myself back to the girl I was when we first met. His new gf is beautiful dont get me wrong bit she's 20 years old and also works in the mall. I feel like he does still think about me, we share mutual friends and they told me my name comes up often. But (because of social networking) I snoop sometimes (guilty) and he tells her he's so happy she's all his and and says the same exact things he used to say to me. I'm not ready to date even though I wish I was because I don't feel it's fair to be with someone else when I still have so much hurt built up over my loss. It's only been 5 months why is he moved on so quickly? Why am I not? I wish we could work things out I have so much to offer him ..I think. I haven't contacted him or anything. Like that I feel it's not my place. Any suggestions? Tips? Advice? I'm so lost....

Also could he be rebounding? I haven't really put myself in the position where he's seen me in person to see me at truly my best which like I said im back to the girl I was I look great now and have a newfound confidence, I kind of just suffer in silence. There was no closure we've only spoken a few times since everything happened the last time he texted me on my birthday after not answering any of my text and the time after about a month ago was when I found out that he asked one of our friends if there was something going on between us which I had texted him after I found out and basically said I would never stoop so low as to pick one of his friends to be with. I'm not quite convinced he's as happy as he's making himself to be like I said this girl is young there's really not much she must expect from him:(:(:(:(

I understand how you feel as this happened to me just a month ago... I was in a relationship with a girl for two years and during our university semester break, we went back our hometown for internship.. 3 weeks after we last meet, though we still chat and text , she suddenly told me that she wanted to break up as she no longer love me and had fallen for another guy at the internship whom she barely know for 3 weeks. Saying the guy promise her the stars and the moons and apparently she was never happy throughout our 2 years. I admit I am not Boyfriend of the Year as we had minor problems but there is no 100% perfect relationship in this world.. Close friends told me, she was just using me as temporary until she could find someone right and than dump me.. True but cold facts which I couldnt deny.. Thus, I decided to have no contact with her, delete everything, no more stalking, no more calling her to beg her and move on in life..

Remember this, we did nothing wrong, we tried our best to maintain the relationship but the other party took the easy way out, give up and find other people instead of trying to solve the problems together.. Please dont waste any more time and effort on someone who can easily change and fall in love with other people. Perhaps, they never really love us and just use us only.. There are still many people out there and we deserve better in life.. I agree it takes time, but keeping No contact (NC) is the best way for us to move on..

• Like 1