Forgiveness

My story is pretty serious... I am not gonna make it too long. I really want your oppinion.

I met him 6 months ago, fell head over heals. Both of us. Two weeks into the relationship he asked me to go on a 10 day trip to Thailand. After that I moved in with him. It was amazing.

When we met I was in a bad stage in life, no job, no flat, did not speak to my best friends etc. So, in a way he saved me. He gave me a roof over my head, got me job (a great one I love), helped me reconcile with my best friends and spoiled me with holidays, dinners and presents.

I was in heaven, he was the best man I met. I am Mediterranean, I say what I think, I get impulsive, I cool off. What would be a discussion, finding a solution would be for him a fight he needs three days to get over. He would tell me how it hurt him...

Last week we broke up in the most traumatic way. On Wednesday night I came home, he was not home, we did not speak much during the day. I call him, he does not respond but sends me a message immediately saying: "hi baby, how are you? missed your call. give me a kiss". I start freaking out because he did not pick or call back. All turns into a huge mess of shouting, not picking up the phone, me hanging up. Me locking the door, sending him a picture of it and telling him not to come home. By 200% this was the worst fight we had...

He stayed at a hotel, I told him not to at the end and that he is risking us but he did not listen.

The next morning he rushed into the flat, put £500 into an envelope, put it in my luggage and told me he is kicking me out and I have until 12pm to leave his flat. That he has done everything for me and I am a selfish bitch. That he has no feelings for me and wants me out of his life.

He leaves and I am crashed and can't move from the floor. The next day we were supposed to go to Spain for the weekend. The day before he woke up saying he can't wait to spend the weekend with me at the beach and a day later he never wants to see me again.

It does not stop there. I took 65 painkillers and told him that. He came home with the police, calling an ambulance. He cried so much that he could not breath, speak, he was shaking. I could not look him in the eyes and he did not come to the hospital. He said he couldn't, his best friend from high school killed himself.

I was fine. My friends were there. The next day I packed my things, left my keys on the table with a letter apologizing. A day later he texted me saying he does not want to speak for a couple of weeks until all is settled and needs time and space for himself. If he needed 3 days to recover after a little fight, how long was this one gonna be?!

Two days later I could not resist and told him how I miss him and how I don't understand. He basically said it was all my fault, he made his decision even it is hard, it is his choice.

Another two days later I asked him if he wants to say a proper goodbye. He said yes, but not now, in a couple of weeks. I am not even sure he means it.

He always told me he wants me to be independent. Now, I am getting my own flat and my job is going well and keeping me busy. I want to see if we have another chance but he would not speak to me.... I wish I could turn back time but I can't.

I need your advice.

Thank you.

BigGirlPantiesOn

Attempting suicide to get his attention is disturbing. You need to seek treatment. If I were him, I'd never come back. That is abuse beyond any measure.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
I know I was and I made a mistake. I am wondering if there is a chance he might forgive me and I get another chance?

i cant understand why you got upset with the message he sent you when he missed your call....can you explain please?

I have to agree with big girl. You should have thought that one through wisely.

Now if you fight, argue or have a disagreement he will always worry if you are going to try to kill yourself.

It may have been for attention, you may have meant it although I doubt it as you wouldn't have told him and he wouldn't have sought help.

Either way i would guess he won't trust you now. I'm sorry

he might give you another chance, and risk another massive emotional breakdown stemming from your issues.

If I were you I would look to change fundementally as a person to control your impulses and emotions, that might be via a doctor. Only once you felt you had achieved stability should you speak to him again and show him you've changed and maybe there will be a 2nd chance.

• Like 1
  • Author

I am already doing that. I want to change and never want this to happen again. I just don't know if he loves me anymore. He said he does not want to see me or speak to me now and does not regret his decision. He couldnt take my mood swings anymore and it got worse and worse. My best friends say he said it because he is still hurt and angry. He makes it look like this is all there is from me but I was a good girlfriend to him. Always cared and loved. He agreed to meet in a couple of weeks but I am not sure if he only said it and did not mean it.

I am Mediterranean, I say what I think, I get impulsive, I cool off.

Do not use this as an excuse. "I am Mediterranean, therefore I can do this and this".

I can get Impulsive. It is not my fault. I am Mediterranean. <---Do not use this as an excuse.

Wish you well.

Edit: But it is good tho know thyself, as ancients said.

Edited by esteem-jam
  • Like 1
schrodinger's cat
Do not use this as an excuse. "I am Mediterranean, therefore I can do this and this".

I can get Impulsive. It is not my fault. I am Mediterranean. <---Do not use this as an excuse.

It is not an excuse, but it means something.

I'm Mediterranean too, and I did some pretty nasty (similar) stuff lately, so I'm really interested to see how this story is going to proceed.

Sending you my love, dear XYZ1234567. :bunny:

We're on the same boat.

I can relate to you. I am of Greek heritage and I can get hot headed on occasion and go off. I am dealing with a problem with a girl myself because I got overly angry over something that probably did not warrant it.

So, I understand, but unfortunately it's difficult to talk our way out of some of the things we do. It's part of being Mediterranean I guess... your situation is much more extreme than mine though... suicide threats are pretty serious.