Got BreadCrumbs...Thank God for NC

SMALLTOWNBLUES

Hey Everybody,

So it'd been 2 weeks of no drama, no contact with ex and I have started picking up the pieces.

Yesterday was the last day of my being involved in moving out/getting deposits for our house. At midnight, got a text from my ex that she missed me like crazy. She's blocked me on all social media, so she had to think about this before she sent it.

Then I get home and she'd emailed me the same.

I replied very businesslike and told her that I had cleaned out the house and we should get deposits back. No mushy stuff. No reply from her.

In a weird way, I'm totally ok with it. If I had followed that trail of breadcrumbs, I'd be right back where I was.

I'm going to California in a week, doing an NPR segment and then playing one of the biggest shows in my life. Also, two of my good friends are in the hospital. Life is too busy and too short to be worried about my ex's whims.

I guess this is the first time I've seen what NC is for and how it can make you stronger and heal.

I do miss her, but it would never be the same and a text that I'm missed is enough to leave me NOT wanting more, but being grateful that I'm not groveling. That got me nowhere.

Don't know why she sent me the crumbs, but not gonna spend too much energy caring.

Edited by SMALLTOWNBLUES