He broke NC 2.5 months post split

I haven't posted my story but if you're on LS you've read it 1000 times. 2.5 months ago my fiancé of 6 years moved out during a rough patch, citing our incompatibility, a bunch of my horrible personality traits, and his refusal to wait for me to figure my stuff out. This was a huge shock to me. Find out weeks later that he started things up with a co-worker prior to our split. Throughout it all, everything went inside out: my current life, my self esteem, my silly ideas about the future. I went low, so low: suicidal thoughts, physically felt sick, no sleep, lost 20 lbs I don't have to lose. Then, the works: moved in with my parents so I wouldn't hurt myself. NC, exercise, therapy, self-help books, tons of LS, saw friends, signed up for classes, reduced my appointment at my dead-end job, took a vacation, prayer, began to eat again, sometimes sleep. I still cry every day, and think about him too much, but I sometimes feel like I might be ok and feel a little bit of hope about the future without him in it.

Yesterday he emails me. Tells me that he wants me to know that he misses me, in a couple specific situations and in general. That nothing has changed about how he feels, but he didn't want me to think I wasn't missed. That he used to think we needed space so that "our parting" wasn't so complicated, but he wasn't sure anymore.

Help me, LS. I don't know what I'm asking for, except help! Help me stay strong, I guess? I am composing emails in my head, but haven't replied, and am not sure that I will.

LostInTheWild

Screw him. It took you so long to make this kind of progress!!!!!

This is totally something my ex would have done. You know, throw away a relationship to test drive new chicks. You should be MAD that he thinks he can do this to you! Show him this behavior is not allowed -- you are still having a hard time. If you respond you will have to start ALL over again.

Do not reply! Block him! Trust me I am 7 months out of a similar situation. The only thing that has helped me to recover emotionally was NC.

My ex-fiancé texted me last month and I am proud to say I was able to ingnore him!

Your ex's office fling is probably getting stale or has already fizzled! He doesn't deserve your attention!

I haven't posted my story but if you're on LS you've read it 1000 times. 2.5 months ago my fiancé of 6 years moved out during a rough patch, citing our incompatibility, a bunch of my horrible personality traits, and his refusal to wait for me to figure my stuff out. This was a huge shock to me. Find out weeks later that he started things up with a co-worker prior to our split. Throughout it all, everything went inside out: my current life, my self esteem, my silly ideas about the future. I went low, so low: suicidal thoughts, physically felt sick, no sleep, lost 20 lbs I don't have to lose. Then, the works: moved in with my parents so I wouldn't hurt myself. NC, exercise, therapy, self-help books, tons of LS, saw friends, signed up for classes, reduced my appointment at my dead-end job, took a vacation, prayer, began to eat again, sometimes sleep. I still cry every day, and think about him too much, but I sometimes feel like I might be ok and feel a little bit of hope about the future without him in it.

Yesterday he emails me. Tells me that he wants me to know that he misses me, in a couple specific situations and in general. That nothing has changed about how he feels, but he didn't want me to think I wasn't missed. That he used to think we needed space so that "our parting" wasn't so complicated, but he wasn't sure anymore.

Help me, LS. I don't know what I'm asking for, except help! Help me stay strong, I guess? I am composing emails in my head, but haven't replied, and am not sure that I will.

It took him 6 years to tell you this!? What an *******. You should be mad, and not at all conflicted about this! Geesh.

I see this all the time on these forums, how are people not FURIOUS with their ex-s for wasting so many years! Kick him to the curb.

Don't bother with him!

He has probably realised life ain't so great without you. Ex's get bored, low self esteem and they usually at some point contact their ex to make them feel better, for the time being.

To me it sounds like " My life isn't so great at the moment, i will mess with your head. If I tell you I miss you, you will still have feelings for me and it will make me feel better. Don't move on just yet! "

Ignore him! :)

• Author

This is totally something my ex would have done. You know, throw away a relationship to test drive new chicks.

Oh, Lostinthewild, this made me laugh! That must be a good sign, right? Test drive new chicks. Disgusting. Thank you all. It's so good to get an outside perspective on how terribly he has behaved and is behaving.