Dealing With My First Breakup.

here's my story, i met this girl around 7 years ago through mutual friends. i had a fat crush on her and wanted to get with her but she was with someone else. as the years passed, i dated other girls and all but never had a relationship. then last year, the girl i had a crush on all those years came back into my life. she revealed she had a crush on me all these years, and she was the one who wanted me. i found out she lived 5 hours away and was back home for the holidays. i wasn't looking for a relationship at the time but i fell deeply in love with her over the next couple of months. long distance was a challenge but we made our relationship work by visiting each other once a month.

things became rocky and she wanted to breakup, i was shocked and became depressed. then she said she wanted to stay because she felt sorry and all that. we tried to make things work out and it was smooth for a while. being in a long distance relationship, i get worried that she was cheating because she told me a lot of other guys are after her. she too would get mad because i have female friends who are attractive. we both were jealous.

when i went to visit her, while were having sex she told me to stop. she said this isn't fair because i no longer love you. we got in a huge argument and she says i didn't do enough in our relationship to keep her. i admit i slacked off, because i felt she was always distant. then she broke up with me. i've plead and begged her to come back. she said "just work on you, youre not ready for a relationship." she expressed her her need for space because i became clingy and forced her to love me again without it happening on its own. this is my first breakup, i'm learning about no contact and all that. she says she still cares for me and wants to be friends. i'm hoping in the future, when we're friends, i could win her heart again... until then i'm dealing with this heartbreak.