Worries about the lost future, need reassurance

Hey, I'm doing ok and getting through this so much better than I have been, my most yesterday still reflects how I feel especially as my ex is slowly being removed from his pedestal as I start to remember the horrible parts about him and our relationship, but I'm just having a lonely, difficult moment which I know will pass but words of reassurance will most certainly help.

My teeny set back is because I'm just having a little worry about the future. The plans we made are still very fresh in my mind and sometimes I want them so bad. They were unique to us as a couple as well as I'm sure everyone's are. I'm also scared in terms of how I'll cope on my own and with finances etc as I'm doing the degree I'm doubt because I had the security of my ex and our future to stop me worrying about money.

I feel sad because that future is dead and I know there is going to be an amazing future out there got me, I'm just having a down moment and need to be picked back up and I can't see it.

Thank you everyone

Delilah1623

Sorry you are having a rough day. I am going through the same stuff. Trying to figure out a new future for myself. Hang in there and think about the thing you can do that will make you happy.

I am trying to focus on buying a house for me and my dogs so they have a yard and doing some landscaping.

Focus on making your own future for you, regardless of what man may or may not enter the picture.

theonlyjuan

You'll get there. You will feel a lot better about yourself, knowing you did it independently.

Figure out what you want and how your going to get it. Make sure future partners fit around what you want, don't fit what you want around them.

• Author

Thanks to both of you. I think it was just a small lapse of control, I've let my thoughts work it out now and I'm feeling a bit better.