Well me and my EX broke up like 4 months ago. You can search for my break up story. Actually I was the one who initiated the breakup because I noticed she changed a lot after her abroad experience and even making love didn't feel quite right any more (we use to have awesome sex). In any case I saw she was unhappy but didn't have the courage to say it so I told her that I think she needs something else. Sure enough, I was right. I'm not sure if her sudden change in attitude was due to cheating or simply boredom or both but it did feel like a very sudden change.

I did not plead, did not beg. If she texted with a breadcrumb I answered politely saying I'm sure she will figure things out. I made some new friends. I didn't lurk on her facebook (except once and I regretted it) or initiated any message whatsoever. I know that she probably will text me again if she is sad or feels lonely, which I know isn't fair.

Anyway, a few days ago I had a conversation with this girl and her relationship and somehow she hinted that I didn't fight for my relationship that I should've done more. Of course I know it's probably too late now but is it really the case that I should've done more? She was a completely different woman and she told me that she needs new faces, new jokes, new guys and so on because she is young and wants to experience everything. I mean, if you love someone shouldn't you let her go? Shouldn't you let her explore and do her thing? I was pretty sure I was doing the right thing but now I have some doubts. Any ideas?

BTW this doubts also make me feel very lonely and quite apathetic. I hate my current mood and I want to snap out of it as fast as possible. I hope this trip I'm taking now will help.

u sound like you handled it like a man..in fact most people, looking back, probably wish they handled their situation like you did.

You kept your dignity, kept your manhood, and let her go out of love. Dont let another woman's opinion make you doubt yourself. You have done an awesome job it sounds like, especially because this stuff is so difficult and emotional.

100 People 100 Different opinions have u heard tale of father child and mule?

If so there is your answer if not let me know I'll tell you all about it

In theory yes you could have done something more - try to change her back, but you wouldn't know if, after few months, she wouldn't revert to what she is now. You handled it properly, you avoided emotional rollercoaster that you would have if you stayed together.

I think those sudden changes prove that people are not right for each other. You let it go and moved on. That's right course of action.

Just like Echo000 said many people wish they did it just the way you did..

• Author

So it seems I did the right thing. I figured out why I'm feeling lonely. It's not that I miss her but rather the feeling I had inside the relationship. Bleah I just have to be patient i guess

Yes, u did the right thing. It wasnt u. It was her who changed. N if all she really wanted was to b with u then she should have made that clear too. Yep. U handled it like a man. Really impressed with the way u just her go n let her make the decision n set her free. U did the right thing. :)

I completely think you did the right thing. It sounds like she WAS unhappy, in a way you were dumped. Yes, you could've begged, but so could she. You handled it with dignity which will be a blessing in the long run.

Begging doesn't work. And if this woman doubts that you cared about her simply because you let her go? She is silly :)