Should i start NC or is it too late?

My Gf of nearly 3 years dumped me about 6 weeks ago, we got together when she was 17 and i was 21. She tells me that it isnt personal and its just that she wants to experience being single again. I have constantly called and txted her for the past 6 weeks to the point of becomming an annoyance to her, we are on decent terms and we still meet up and txt occassionally. We confide in each other all the time bout everything. When we broke up she told me that she would be with me again but she just needed her space, im afraid that i might have pushed her too far with all the contact tho. I dont want her to ever see me as a friend, I would do anything to have her as my gf again. She says that im being too forward and its unattractive, she wants to see me enjoying myself. Should I just start NC without telling her or what is the best way to get her back.

simplyamazing

Unless you want to be perma friendzoned, stop contacting her. Going NC is for you, but sometimes it makes the dumper see what they've lost. Just go into this with thoughts of healing and moving on. It doesn't matter if you tell her. She dumped you. I personally wouldn't tell her a thing.

• Author

Even with us constantly being in contact at the minute NC is the way forward? what should my approach be if I see her in town or on a night out? Should i wait for her to break the NC or should i call/txt her in a few weeks?

It's never too late for NC and yes, it is the always only way forward.

It is the only way forward because she TOLD you she wanted space. Give her space. If you don't, you're just being annoying. She'll think "Ugh, didn't I tell this guy to leave me alone? Why doesn't he get it?" Respect her wishes. In the mean time, work on yourself. Yes, it's hard but guess what? You can drink. Numb your pain until you can get to a place where you feel okay enough to get your bearings back. Go to the gym, make new friends, do other stuff that doesn't involve you thinking about her.

The things is, it's human nature to never want what comes too easily to you. Ever find money on the street? You were probably just like "Sweet!", put it in your pocket, and spent it the first opportunity that you got. Your first paycheck on the other hand? You worked for it and you felt proud. You probably celebrated getting it, right? Same concept.

• Like 1