I love him... I want to leave him But I can't :(

I'm 22 been dating 3yrs i had 1 miscarige first ever pregnancy with him my first! I was engaged march 4, 2013 I called the wedding off about 2 weeks ago he left drugs and became a better person at the time when I was dating him I dint know he was using drugs so I told him I couldn't be with a guy like this so he said he would change he left drugs it's been about 3 years he "does not" do drugs or so he has demostrate me! He has a drinking problem when he drinks he get violent he has never put a hand on me or said anything hurtful he does how ever change mood swings rapidly and sometimes scares me the second thing is he is very jelouse, unsecured, liar, and has cheated on me 4 times usually Im not the type of person that forgives a cheater idk why Im still with him i feel like I'm use to him being here for me and I'm unhappy next to him I don't belive in taking breaks I wanna finish this relationship once and for all because I can't trust him i havnt cheated i am a very LOYAL GF WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIPS but I don't have enough courage to tell him I don't want him to go back on drugs and things he use to do I care about him but now it's as friends :( he has Been up and down his 23 Mexican I'm 22 Mexican always at home never really had the chance to expirience party life perents are super strict lately I've been having freedom here and their I enjoy the time with my friends and he gets really upset when I go out I know I can do better I just don't know how to tell him that my feelings are not the same I tried talking to him so he can change but he has not put any of his part I come from a family where my dad drinks and argues alot with my mother he has never put a hand on me but has said hurtful things! I don't want to marry someone I feel unhappy with WHAT CAN I DO PLZ HELP!!!

Edited by Monita

Oh my dear girl. You deserve better and you know it.

That's why you're here.

This is where the tough and scary part comes in. You have to cut him out. Don't listen to his promises or his bargaining. He will not change. Not right now at this age.

If you are scared of him or reaction, do it over the phone. Ask for support from your family or friends to keep you strong. Keep them aware of where you are at all times.

I think you just have to tell him you no longer wish to be in a relationship with him. It will be hard and it will hurt. You must stay strong. For you. For your future children.

Because someday, you will have a man and family in your life that does not create this turmoil.

You can do it!!

• Like 3
BrokenHeartedSavior

Exactly what the above poster said!

You are very lucky you didn't have a child with this man. He is a drug addict and will not change.

It was a VERY good choice to break off the wedding- it would have been a marriage of lies and abuse. A life of misery. Whatever he says = he's lying.

Whatever it takes- over the phone, text, whichever way out for you is easier. Then do not respond back to him.

You're already enjoying your life and freedom, keep doing that!

• Like 1

I just saw you are in LA. Me too. :love:

I do a lot of volunteer work and have worked with families where the husband is not what we wish they would be. You can break this cycle. I bet your mom would tell you to do so.

You are strong enough. I promise. Rely on yourself. And your resources.

Just keep telling yourself that you deserve a good life without pain and turmoil. It's up to you. Hard, but you can do it.

If you have to hide out and live with friends and change your phone number, you do that. I'm not sure how dangerous your bf has the potential to be, but you must absolutely look out for your safety first. Take care of you.

Imagine us all hugging you and giving you strength. You will be okay. It just takes you.

• Like 1
  • Author

I did it i brike with him yesterday afternoon ive been vrying non stop but i feel like i made the beat decision!!

GOOD FOR YOU!

Sometimes it's hard doing what is best for us. Even vitamins taste nasty. :p

The pain will ease over time. Take care of yourself.