Ex girlfriend texts, calls multiple times in the middle of the night

All,

First, thank you for everyone for providing wonderful advice to me thus far. Long story short, my ex girlfriend broke up with me in early February. I work a demanding and hours-intensive job, and she is a graduating senior in college still -- we are one year apart. She broke up with me claiming she didn't know what she wanted, and that she felt that we were growing distant, and going through the motions, primarily because I worked all the time. Our breakup was fairly clean, and I didn't do any begging or whatever. I haven't seen her in a few months, and generally have been NC (she would reach out once in a while), but I completely blocked her on all contact Internet mediums and have been full NC for a couple weeks.

She texts me last night at 1 AM, and then a couple more times through the night until 2 (I was still working at that point), asking me to please call her back and if I'm awake. And then she calls several times, three times consecutively. I just ignore it -- i figured if it were important she would leave a voicemail (she didn't). Then she texted saying that she really hoped I returned her call and that she was sorry for being slightly tipsy, and that she was thinking of me.

Not sure if I should respond or not -- i haven't yet... I was awake when those messages were sent to me. I'm stuck in a crossroads -- I really love this girl and we had an amazing relationship together, and I'm really not sure if moving on is truly what I want... Also, drunk minds sober hearts?

Mmmm in this case it would be very important to know why she broke it off....

If its gigs? read homebrews pinned thread for all u ever need to know on that.

If it;s something else, something about you, she may indeed miss you, want the idea and comfort of you in her life but she might not want the reality of what it means to be with you.

10/10 for how you handled it :)) and i say that as a dumper who wants (the idea) of her ex back

Meh... you already got your answer. She was drunk dialing. Nothing more than that. Proof is in the pudding, she sent you a text apologizing for the drunk texts. Therefore, that should tell you that if she was sober, she would have never had contacted you.

i wouldn't respond cos if i did that when drunk and regretted it i would not feel good about receiving a text/call after my mistake. If she contacts you down the line, and she probably will, see then

• Author

Just as a note, this isn't the first time she has contacted me -- she's contacted me before (sober) since the breakup several times (about once a week)

Quiet Storm

Some people just want to make sure you don't forget about them. It gives them a sense of power and satisfaction to know that they are still on your mind. It's less about love and more about ego.