Just need some encouragement from those who have been where I am

I have been with my boyfriend for over three years. Our relationship went downhill fast a year ago after he found this new club he is a part of. We went together, and he got mad at me for asking him to stop drinking so much and left me in a bad area, all alone, all my belongings in the car he left in. He eventually came back after I asked a friend at this spot for cash to get home and was walking to a train, but handed me my belongings and ran. I don't want to be with him anymore. He is immature, and I am too old (34) to deal with a man with the mentality of a 13 year old. I love him, but I don't feel it back, words only go so far and NO man should leave a female, who is drunk herself, in the middle of a bad area.

I am not as strong as I seem though and I need encouragment. I have been talking to someone else, and I want to meet him, however, won't do so until I am fully single. I just need to find the inner strength. I am sick of being called chunky, sick of him playing mind games.. =(

ThatJustHappened

What he did to you is disgusting. I'm so sorry you had to put up with that.

Please find the strength to walk away. You deserve better.

we deserve better. we're on the same age but we need not to lose hope. I've been left by an immature guy too, it's a 10 yr relationship. he saved himself and throw me away like a trash. all i did was trust, wait and understand him. he even asked me to marry him and dumped me telling insulting words that i never imagine he will say.

it hurts so much but we have to move on. I know there's someone for us, someone better, someone who will treat us right and be with us forever. I am planning to be single until I feel no pain of the past relationship. I recently enrolled in a culinary school to forget everything that happened or I will lose my mind thinking about the past.

be strong. everything happens for a reason. the pain we're feeling right now will end one day...