Being a nice guy, loving and caring wont get you anywhere

The more you care,love, give everything to a girl will just get you're heart broken

Envision those aspects of yourself as a rare and valuable commodity and reserve them for the very few people in this world and life who earn them.

• Like 5
all_cats_rgray
The more you care,love, give everything to a girl will just get you're heart broken

The more you care,love, give everything to a guy will just get you're heart broken.

Not sure if your complain about your gender or being nice.

If your making the assumption of nice guys get their hearts broken. I assure you *******s get their hearts broken too.

Heartbreak is proof your human. (Human = a good thing)

If you have ever meet people detected from their humanity ( they are scary as ****)

Just be more careful too who you give your heart too.. i guess..

Only do this for a woman that earns it. Part of earning should be a woman that won't break your heart because of it.

I don't think the OP or anyone else has attacked a gender yet (It's early so you will probably end up being right). He was just stating that a girl didn't like that he was too "Nice".

"Nice" guys do get hosed both by good and bad women. They make a woman their God and do EVERYTHING in their power (even lose themselves) to make them happy. It's not very attractive, it's not very healthy and it never ends well.

Well, I have seen these threads erupt into such before...but I hope you're right :) would be a nice thing.

As some other posters have said, save you're emotional energy for someone who deserves it. If you wear your heart on your sleeve and fall for every woman you meet, you're doomed.

I am a girl (ahem, woman) who very much appreciates a caring, loving, and giving partner.

• Like 1

Thread starter, are you currently or recently broken up? If not, this thread will be moved to general relationship discussion. Thanks.

Upon review, it appears the member posted in the correct forum for their issue so this thread shall remain here. Thanks for your participation.

Edited by William
Review
sweetheart5381

Ok, ok, this is not about gender, sounds like OP is a hurt person right now and many of us have been there. Male, female, heterosexual, homosexual, transgender, atheist, religious... you know where I'm goin' with this.

Forget the stereotypes, they are flawed by nature. This is an open forum for discussion and healing.

Let's keep it that way.

When I see someone post titles like this, it makes me feel disappointed. There aren't enough nice people out there.

• Like 1

Nice is the totally wrong adjective for guys to use in this context...you will usually find the rejection from a woman comes not from you being too 'nice' but maybe being a doormat, no guts, needy, clingy, not respecting yourself as much as u do her etc.... Seeing being 'nice' as the reason for being dumped....is NEVER the reason. I am wary of guys who use this reason for being dumped. I find they are usually more creepy than anything. Sorry to the original poster, im sure (hope) you were just venting about how you feel u have been treated compared with what you have done for her, i know nothing about ur situation.

S*** i am heartbroken cos im a blonde. I got dumped cos i am a blonde. I got cheated on cos im a blonde. Ridiculous? yes. now switch the word blonde for nice

The more you care, more guilty the person would feel after the honeymoon stage. 'He is so loving, but I am not. Something should be wrong with me'.
AloneInParadise

Hey, in the words of Pat Bennatar. "Love is a Battlfield". Race or gender does not apply. You open yourself up to be loved and you risk the chance of getting smashed like a bug. That is life and it sucks.

Well we will see.. all I know is being a nice guy is GREAT as you get older.. why? because it seems to me that older girl WANT! a nice guy.. they all realize at a younger age that all bass ass guys are not worth it and that they need to go for nice guys.

So if your dating younger girls.. I hate to say it but expect it. Older girls will understand the true value of a nice guy and appreciate him.

I lost my girlfriend recently because I was "too nice". I never thought that showing love and affection could get you on the wrong side of the woman you love. However, after reading some of the posts on here, I now see how it can be a huge turn off, putting your girlfriend so high up on a pedestal.

I lost sight of my real self during my last relationship. It was our second go at a relationship together so I put her first every time. Which was not the way to go I guess as she ended up cheating on me with her ex, who was more of a "bad boy".

I've always been a nice guy and I don't know how to change my ways. I'm always trying to please others over myself. I have a very passive attitude and never show the emotions of anger or frustration. I'm always very polite and always smiling. I can see how this might grate on people but it's who I am and always have been.

Anyway yeah back to the original post being nice is great, but being too nice can have the opposite effect as to what you intended. I've learnt a lot lately, it's just a shame it came at an extremely heavy cost.

Calvin's wagon

Hi.

I can understand why you think so. I would recommend you to read a book called No more mr. Nice guy by Robert Glover (available online in PDF if you google it) - http://www.loveshack.org/forums/mind-body-soul/self-improvement-personal-well-being/342191-no-more-mr-nice-guy-book .

I read it after seeing several threads on this and it helped me a lot to see what problems I have. And guys who think we're "nice" and are complaining about women for not liking us etc. so much, we aren't really all that nice.

Best wishes