LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Future Faker


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree9Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2013, 9:02 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Heart Break Road
Posts: 16
Question Future Faker

Does anyone think there ex was a future faker?

Thoughts? Feelings?
MovingOn2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 9:07 AM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 951
If by future faker you mean filled my heart with all kinds of broken promises about marriage and family and long term commitment like that then yeah, she was a lying no good heartless bitch!
SimonSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 9:10 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Heart Break Road
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSerenade View Post
If by future faker you mean filled my heart with all kinds of broken promises about marriage and family and long term commitment like that then yeah, she was a lying no good heartless bitch!
Yep that's what I meant. Some people are just too cruel

But we got to think we had a lucky escape from the madness
MovingOn2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 9:45 AM   #4
Established Member
 
Amelie1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 725
Totally.

Mine referred to.his new house as an investment for our future, got me to look at all the furniture with him, even his parents kept telling about the house progress, we discussed baby names, 12 days before it happened he was mentioning a holiday to Australia.

Then what do I get....I can't give you what you want. WTF.....you wanted man I never said anything...or asked.
Amelie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 10:03 AM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 951
There really cruel people, I got engaged at Christmas, ever since then all I heard was "maybe we're just not right for eachother" etc etc, she caused her own problems yet somehow I always got the blame for everything, some people just don't have the right frame of mind for a serious commitment, sounds like we fell in love with the wrong people but better we just get on with it and leave them the hell alone, the fact we actually tried and wore our hearts on our sleeves is proof we were the bigger and better people, they just abandoned us, some people are freaks like that and just can't accept a good thing when they got it, that's all it comes down to.
Wabisabi likes this.
SimonSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Established Member
 
Amelie1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOn2013 View Post
Does anyone think there ex was a future faker?

Thoughts? Feelings?
Thoughts.....feelings...

Utterly devastated. I thought I was going to move in with him etc.

He did all the coming on strong I stayed quiet and never hinted I wanted anything fromhim.
Amelie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Heart Break Road
Posts: 16
Wow sound's like my story. What get's me though, they will probably settle down with the next person. Everything they promised us

Until there 'true self' re appears then it the same cycle..... and repeat

Only comfort we can take is they will never be happy
MovingOn2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,111
I think the definition of future faker is someone who makes insincere promises or talks about the future with you which he has no intention of ever going through with it. He might do that to get sex, or to keep the sex coming, or to just string you along until something better comes along, as some kind of assurance you won't leave him until he has his next girlfriend lined up. Not to be confused with people who are sincere, but who decide later that you are not a match for whatever reason, so they realize they need to break it off.
KathyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 1:57 PM   #9
Established Member
 
mtnbiker3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,321
Not to be confused with people who are sincere, but who decide later that you are not a match for whatever reason, so they realize they need to break it off.

Well, I guess I'm lucky my BU falls under this category as opposed to the FF. Although, not sure it hurts any less. In fact, at least the victim of FF can use hate to get passed feeling like crap. I just have rejection
mtnbiker3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 2:03 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Heart Break Road
Posts: 16
I just think it's cruel and nasty. Like they get off on hurting others, because they themselves can never be happy

Anyone get weird messages every 2 to 3 weeks?

I recently blocked the last attempt of nastiness, so hope I won't get anymore
MovingOn2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 12:55 AM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOn2013 View Post
Wow sound's like my story. What get's me though, they will probably settle down with the next person. Everything they promised us

Until there 'true self' re appears then it the same cycle..... and repeat

Only comfort we can take is they will never be happy
THE NIGHT BEFORE my ex-bf ended things, we were planning a cottage weekend for weeks down the road as well as our upcoming anniversary. Next morning, BOOM--he says he's not in love with me.

I worry a lot about him being able to give all of "our promises" to the next person he is with. Why does it always happen like this??? THEY get what was promised to US.
J_L_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 1:21 AM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 194
I devoted 3+ years of my life waiting for the future that she told me, promised me, we would have. Only to be told that I would have to wait until my kids and her kids were grown and moved out (10 more years at best) before we could live together and have that future.

Another man without kids (or possibly her husband, divorce never finalized) will get the future that I worked for and looked forward to. Someone else will get to wake up with the woman that I really and truly wanted to spend my life with.

I'm so used to sleeping alone that it shouldn't be a big deal but somehow it was so much easier when actually being able to spend more than a handful of days a month together and a couple nights a month sleeping in the same bed was a bright spot in the not so distant future.

That's the toughest thing for me (besides the fact that she was my best friend and we, for the most part, just GOT each other) is the future that kept me going is POOF! Just gone.
__________________
This too shall pass. When things are bad, remember: It won't always be this way. Take one day at a time. When things are good, remember: It won't always be this way. Enjoy every great moment.

Last edited by Compromize; 24th March 2013 at 3:28 AM..
Compromize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 6:51 AM   #13
Established Member
 
Am4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,280
I'm sorry for you, I am. It sounds painful




Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromize View Post
I devoted 3+ years of my life waiting for the future that she told me, promised me, we would have. Only to be told that I would have to wait until my kids and her kids were grown and moved out (10 more years at best) before we could live together and have that future.

Another man without kids (or possibly her husband, divorce never finalized) will get the future that I worked for and looked forward to. Someone else will get to wake up with the woman that I really and truly wanted to spend my life with.

I'm so used to sleeping alone that it shouldn't be a big deal but somehow it was so much easier when actually being able to spend more than a handful of days a month together and a couple nights a month sleeping in the same bed was a bright spot in the not so distant future.

That's the toughest thing for me (besides the fact that she was my best friend and we, for the most part, just GOT each other) is the future that kept me going is POOF! Just gone.
__________________
This is a rough period - takes so much time to clear the head and let it rule over the heart!
~Am4Real (2013)
Am4Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 8:47 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Heart Break Road
Posts: 16
They are strange being's

Think I might be free of the weird contact though

Coming up to 10 weeks, and all I'm worth is a few texts every 2 to 3 weeks of abuse/being nice then going back to being silent (I never reply)

Just all about them, not us
MovingOn2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 9:43 AM   #15
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie1980 View Post
Totally.

Mine referred to.his new house as an investment for our future, got me to look at all the furniture with him, even his parents kept telling about the house progress, we discussed baby names, 12 days before it happened he was mentioning a holiday to Australia.

Then what do I get....I can't give you what you want. WTF.....you wanted man I never said anything...or asked.
Wow wtf......

Mine sent me another text last midnight about some World Friendship Day crap. I was sleeping well until I got his text. When da heck is World Friendship Day anyway?!
Wabisabi is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do you deal with a faker than fake person at work? happythroughout Business and Professional Relationships 5 17th January 2013 11:48 AM
Faker. Faker Breaks and Breaking Up 11 29th December 2009 1:00 AM
The faker you are the more men want you! Capricorn Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 86 12th September 2007 12:11 PM
Case of the Faker dascandalousone General Relationship Discussion 3 7th May 2003 8:53 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.