Broke up with me but still texting

My boyfriend of over a year broke up with me on Tuesday because he feels like he needs time to himself because he is very stressed with school. We live a few hours apart and we were talking Tuesday night and I told him that I really missed him but he didn't seem to miss me. From that it turned into the issue of him never saying he loved me. I asked him if he could reassure me because I needed it at the time and he said he wasn't sure what he wanted or how he felt.

To that I said I didn't want to be with someone who wasn't sure how they felt about me and his response was,"Well there's your answer." I was devastated, I cried for days straight and did nothing else really. Everyday since breaking up he has texted me. The day after we talked on the phone because I needed more reasoning why he did this. He said he knew that I loved him but he wasn't at that point yet and because we have a long distance relationship he didn't know when or if he would ever get to that point.

He has still talked to me everyday and I don't know if it is out of pity or because he in confused. He knows that I would get back together but he does know what he wants but he is sticking to his decision to be broken up. I boxed all of his things up and he said that he was upset about that. What I don't get is why continue to talk to me when you don't want to date. I feel like I need to start NC right away but I don't know what to do. I know how busy he is and I have only ever been supportive and understanding and not nagging even though I know he has a lot going on. He has his first board exam coming up in May and rotations in June, I feel like he has made a stupid mistake to end things just because he is stressed. What should I do?

My boyfriend of over a year broke up with me on Tuesday because he feels like he needs time to himself because he is very stressed with school. We live a few hours apart and we were talking Tuesday night and I told him that I really missed him but he didn't seem to miss me. From that it turned into the issue of him never saying he loved me. I asked him if he could reassure me because I needed it at the time and he said he wasn't sure what he wanted or how he felt.

To that I said I didn't want to be with someone who wasn't sure how they felt about me and his response was,"Well there's your answer." I was devastated, I cried for days straight and did nothing else really. Everyday since breaking up he has texted me. The day after we talked on the phone because I needed more reasoning why he did this. He said he knew that I loved him but he wasn't at that point yet and because we have a long distance relationship he didn't know when or if he would ever get to that point.

He has still talked to me everyday and I don't know if it is out of pity or because he in confused. He knows that I would get back together but he does know what he wants but he is sticking to his decision to be broken up. I boxed all of his things up and he said that he was upset about that. What I don't get is why continue to talk to me when you don't want to date. I feel like I need to start NC right away but I don't know what to do. I know how busy he is and I have only ever been supportive and understanding and not nagging even though I know he has a lot going on. He has his first board exam coming up in May and rotations in June, I feel like he has made a stupid mistake to end things just because he is stressed. What should I do?

Honey, if even after the break up he's telling you he's sticking to his decision - I'm not sure what else you need to hear to understand that he doesn't want this relationship with you.

I'm sorry for your pain, I know what it feels like to suffer heartbreak and cry for days and not be able to do anything else.

My heart goes out to you.

Please though, don't contact him or talk to him anymore. You're only prolonging your pain. It doesn't matter why he keeps talking to you - maybe it is pity, maybe he's bored and you give him an ego boost. Either way - none of those reasons mean that he wants you back (sorry, I don't mean to be hurtful).

Please put yourself first and just block him out of your life - it's the only way to start healing and moving on.

***HUGS***

• Like 2