Can't sleep...

I've been doing NC since January, which was about a month after being dumped by my ex. Prior to the NC, I'd been trying to talk it through, trying to work out what had happened (I was blindsided). It was all to no avail, I just got ignored, and felt worse.

NC has felt a little better after being really hard to start with. But in the last few days, with a lot of the immediate "sting" no longer there, there's just sadness - and the feeling of wanting to reconnect, even though I won't, because I know it will achieve nothing.

Tonight... it's keeping me awake. I just can't seem to sleep. I haven't felt like this for a few weeks. I feel like screaming. I was good to her, I really was the best I could be. And it didn't matter. That is such a bad feeling.

Shouldn't I be feeling better? Why do I still wish she would come back? She's gone.

:(

Of course you are still really hurting. 1 month no contact is not long at all. This is all natural to be going through the greiving phases of, bargaining, denial, depression etc, but seriously, hang in there. See this thing through. It does get better, but only after 3 months NC minimum. So, in the meanwhile, you need to look after yourself, and be HAPPY, have fun. Find yourself again and just keep posting here. Its good to talk :p

purplereigncb

I'm doing so much better, even though I had my NC setback. What worked for me last night was when I said to myself she's happy, you should be happy to. Somehow that let me sleep. pathetic, but tell yourself to be happy even if it's forced.

• Like 1

Distraction is often a very useful technique. Create a story in your mind - completely unrelated to your ex. At the moment, I go to bed and begin the narrative of: I have gone to sleep and awoken as King of Scotland in the year 1480. I then use my power to make the lives of ordinary people better - housing, sanitation, healthcare, welfare benefits for the old and sick, stronger defences, more efficient agriculture, ending the clan wars etc. The other night, I sent a Scottish expedition to the Americas (12 years before Columbus) and brought back the Aztec/Inca gold to finance my "Royal" reforms.

It's amazing where your mind wil take you -and you will usually nod off to sleep if you are tired enough.

• Like 1