can a hookup turn into a relationship?

just wondering cuz ive never got with a guy on a first date. I herd from people that usually they dont turn into relationships. I met this guy about 3 yrs ago, and we talked a lil then lost touch. then he found me again, we hung out and it just happened. But i really like him and hoping for something more.

anybody been here in a situation where maybe a hookup led to a relationship later?

Yes, so I hear, but it makes it much harder. I would play hard to get and let him do any pursuing if he is interested. Maybe just shoot him one text to let him know you are interested and then let it be...

• Author
Yes, so I hear, but it makes it much harder. I would play hard to get and let him do any pursuing if he is interested. Maybe just shoot him one text to let him know you are interested and then let it be...

He basically told me before it happened that he wasnt looking for anything. but that if someone comes along then he would be open to a relationship. i told him thats fine and that he shouldnt feel obligated to talk to me because of what happened. its been a week. and he has been initiationg contact first ever sense. so im gonna take that as a good sign?

depends if sex was good.

That's really the only think you can ask yourself regarding future dates after having sex on the first date with this person.

If you made a bad impression in bed, chances are low

Edited by NoLeafClover
  • Author
depends if sex was good.

That's really the only think you can ask yourself regarding future dates after having sex on the first date with this person.

If you made a bad impression in bed, chances are low

Well I only had sex with one other guy before him and that's what I told him when we were talking before. So he knew what he was doing. He took control. I mean it seemed like he enjoyed it.

I've had a few hook-ups turn into relationships but none that ever lasted...

Because the "relationship" was based out of a mutual physical desire, there was always the grasping for anything else we might have had in common that never laid the groundwork for anything more substantial.

It took me a LONG TIME to learn to *not* try to make a silk purse from a sow's ear...

• Author
I've had a few hook-ups turn into relationships but none that ever lasted...

Because the "relationship" was based out of a mutual physical desire, there was always the grasping for anything else we might have had in common that never laid the groundwork for anything more substantial.

It took me a LONG TIME to learn to *not* try to make a silk purse from a sow's ear...

How long were your relationships? Like couple months? Or years?