Should i accept a present from my ex?

Hi guys this my short story. I dated my ex for 2 months and he broke up with me because he cared to much about me and didnt want to hurt me in the future reason was he didn't fall in love. But he still likes me and appreciates me and wants me as a friend in his life and we are also co workers. The thing is that i also want him in my life even thou it is as my man i dont want to lose him as a friend because he was the best thing that has happened to me and he treated me like a princess when we were together. So the question is: i got him his valentine present like a month before and i knew he was the only person who would like it so i gave it to him. He also got me a present which was a teddy bear but i said not to give it to me because it had too much of a romantic connection. Today i saw him and gave him his gift and he told me he got me something because he wanted to give me something special. He got me a bracelet (a dolphin bracelet). I didnt give anything he gave me back to him and the same for him. So since he accepted mine and bothered to change the present he got me for something less romantic, should i accept it?

If he accepted your present I think it's good courtesy to accept his. Though probably a better idea to just call off exchanging valentines presents between ex's