How should I take this?

Ex and I spoke last Thursday after being broken up for almost two months. She said she needed to work on some issues (agreed), that she will always love me, but just has to be single right now (she recently moved long distance). Two days later, she messages me that she is going to buy a condo, that it will make her happy, and that it will then be easier to come down and visit. After our talk, I really needed to clear my head, so I didn't respond until today. She had previously mentioned that she should come up and visit me, and I really don't want to waste a bunch of money traveling to just be rejected again, so i said "sure as long as you come visit me first."

Am I reading too much into the text? It feels like every time she sets in stone that she wants to be alone to work on her issues, she will call back or send a message shortly thereafter "leaving the door open a crack", so to speak. I am not sure if she is being honest with me or not. What would you do? My plan from this point is to leave it up to her to come and visit me. If she does, then we'll see how it goes. If she doesn't, then I will move on.

Any thoughts? On the one hand, I really love her and would like to have another shot. On the other hand, I don't want to be strung along and/or be used for comfort while she finds a new bf (if she is being totally dishonest with me).

Any thoughts? On the one hand, I really love her and would like to have another shot. On the other hand, I don't want to be strung along and/or be used for comfort while she finds a new bf (if she is being totally dishonest with me).

Bingo! She's going to to string you along until something else comes into her life. She's going to contact you alot for advice because she's trying to get herself established. And she's going to want the warm fuzzies from you to tell her everything is going to be okay. Just like a good FRIEND should.

Look, she's making the decision to be out of your life. She's making the decision to start a life on her own. So, you need to give her exactly that.