What have I done....

After Nc for 3days i broke the nc and he was happy i did he tells me he misses me, we have been broken up since November but spoke on the phone everyday since the split over the last 3weeks started to date someone else...he says he doesn't know why he can't love me or fall in love he just knows he feels really empty...now after saying all that he needs to find out what wrong with us and why he can't love me in which I replied maybe you do and don't realise it...so with that I said well I'm not gonna contact you anymore and he said maybe that's best for a while and that it's a sensible thing to do but sensible isn't always best and that not speaking was just horrible...I text him this morning to say I was sorry but I don't want to be waiting around or be someone's other option incase you don't fall in love with the girl your with now and if you wanted me back you would know and I think we both know you don't so I'm letting go...you mean the world to me but time will heal I'm sorry. So I get one back saying your not a second option at all I just need to be sure I'm making the right decision for both of us and that he doesn't want to make the same mistake he made with his wife by getting back and splitting again and he said the time he was with me just brings a smile to his face and warms his heart...so I agreed yes it was surreal and amazing but if we do give it another go we can't just pick up we're we left off or it's bound to fail we have to start fresh like a new relationship and I know he's thinking about it as he hasn't replied which we agreed to no contact I'm so confused and really do miss him