Should I contact my ex?

I have been more than 8 months almost fully NC with ex, ever since he moved back to his home city and several thousand miles away from where I live. We are both in our thirties.

He contacted me 4 times during this period. His first email came about 5 months after the break up (it was what you would call a typical, surprisingly long post-BU email a regretful dumper would send). I answered it with an extremely short reply of 3 sentences, wishing him all the best and good luck in life. :o About a month later he sent me 3 more emails that I completely ignored.

My ex has always insisted on being friends, and now I feel like I can give him that - an 'idea' of friendship, because I know it would mean a lot to him.

I know I will never see him again in this life (which is OK for me). :)

I know that he loves attention and would be happy if I contacted him. I feel kind of sorry for him to be honest. I have absolutely no romantic feelings for him, but I feel a bit bad for not replying to his emails.

So, what does Loveshack think about this, should I do it, yes or no?

Edited by pineapples
  • Author

Thanks. I wouldn't contact him if we still lived in the same city though. He betrayed me once as a partner, he might do it again as a friend.

Thanks. I wouldn't contact him if we still lived in the same city though. He betrayed me once as a partner, he might do it again as a friend.

You've just answered your own question.

It doesn't matter where he is, how far or near.

If you suspect 'flakiness' then it's best to not pick at the scab.