exactly 1 month in NC - he sent email

I was doing not so well the last 2 weeks of NC, was having weird dreams, and wasn't able to focus on my studies, work or anything in general. Was feeling pretty depressed. Just where I should be after the BU.

Now he sends me a rather short and polite email, telling me that he passed his exams, he is doing crap emotionaly, but he will survive. Asked if he should send me my letters i received, and wishes me good luck with my studies.

The email made me sick in the stomach, and me cry a bit. But I did better than I expected.

Now how do i proceed from here. I know I'm better off without him, I don't really need the letters either. Do I reply anything at all? I don't want him to keep feeding me breadcrumbs if I answer. He broke up with me, I want to get over him with as little damage as possible. However getting in contact is unavoidable, as I still have to move from our place, and we still have to settle some money/contract stuff.

No sweetheart, do not acknowledge or respond to that...

Please read my No Contact Guide (updated 2013) in my signature (link).

I know it's painful, but when you need to discuss practicalities with him, stick entirely to 'business matters'. In other words, don't placate him, don't engage in small talk or chit-chat.

Just focus on the important.

Like this, for example.....

HIM: Hi, just wondering if you want to meet up this weekend to come and pick up your stuff... I'd love to see you, and i hope we can still keep in touch and be friends...I'll be at the apartment on saturday afternoon, how about coming round at say 2pm, and then maybe we can get a coffee....?"

You: I'll see you there at half past two. I can remove most of the stuff, but will probably need a second call for the rest.

Se what I did there.....? :cool:

Then you engage the support of a friend, go pick up your stuff, keep talk with him to an absolute minimum, and leave.

That's it.

Done.

Read the Guide.

It WILL help, because the guide itself is followed by a number of posts dealing with post-BU contact.....

• Like 1
  • Author

I guess I dont reply anything then. Even I really have to keep myself back not writing him to f*ck off. I'm still so mad at him.

Aw, good for you....

Consider it done, even if it is only on LS....

Cold Comfort I know, but the one thing that does get to them, is the silence, the No Contact, the lack of response.....

If he sends you more - do likewise.

He will get the hint sooner rather than later..... ;)