Still having recent dreams - 7months NC and moved on

its a lifestyle

its a lifestyle

I'm 21, she's my first love... so as you could expect there's still strong feelings inside me for her, I don't know if they will ever go away but they are locked in deep down and will NEVER surface to her again.

She left 7 months ago and it's been 100% no contact the whole time...

I'm finally moving on out of the depression and life is looking good, I'm having fun with new girls, career prospects are high, etcetc... I still think about her, but not as much as I used to and I've 110% accepted that the relationship is over, and I'm moving on,

For the past 6 nights in a row, she's been in my dreams, the dreams are about kissing, sex, being back together, and breaking up...

At this point, it's driving me crazy, it's been every night this week, and I wake up feeling disgusted, hurt and disappointed... it's a major distraction and frustrating for me at the moment

Edited by its a lifestyle

dont let it get you down, i dreamt about my ex recently and when i woke up i felt abit wierd,like hurt or something, and its been 9 months since we broke up but i just shuck it off, then i felt nothing. From what ive read its just your subconcious mind letting feelings out, something like that anyway, just dont let it bring you down, carry on with life and im sure the dreams will end eventually.

• Author
its a lifestyle
dont let it get you down, i dreamt about my ex recently and when i woke up i felt abit wierd,like hurt or something, and its been 9 months since we broke up but i just shuck it off, then i felt nothing. From what ive read its just your subconcious mind letting feelings out, something like that anyway, just dont let it bring you down, carry on with life and im sure the dreams will end eventually.

I did just brush it off the first 2 nights, then the 3rd night I'm thinking about it all day the next day... 3 nights in a row? So I came here and posted about it a few days ago...

And it's continued for the fallowing 3 nights :mad:

It's making me not want to sleep, if I dream about her again tonight I'm going to go partying like crazy with my friends and drink myself into oblivion for 2 straight days and nights to break the cycle..

The girl I'm seeing at the moment is noticing things too, I just told her it's demanding at work at the moment and I'm not sleeping well having bad dreams, shes been with me as I've woken up all hot and bothered about it.. and she also thinks I've been "off" with her this week... so she's asking questions and wondering about things now too.. which I could do without but obviously I can't talk to her about it.

Soooo frustrating.

Edited by its a lifestyle
  • Author
its a lifestyle

It happened AGAIN nights last :mad:

7 days in a row.

1 full week, each night she's in my dream,

This can not be normal, it's never happened before?

It's depressing me, it's literally depressing me, I feel like I'm being repeatedly, emotionally stabbed with my hands tied behind my back and there's nothing I can do about it. :confused:

It happened AGAIN nights last :mad:

7 days in a row.

1 full week, each night she's in my dream,

This can not be normal, it's never happened before?

It's depressing me, it's literally depressing me, I feel like I'm being repeatedly, emotionally stabbed with my hands tied behind my back and there's nothing I can do about it. :confused:

I suppose theres nothing we can do to stop the dreams,you just have to understand that they are only dreams and they are meaningless. About 4-5 months ago i was dreaming about my ex basically every night and it was killing me when i woke,it would ruin my day, i just had to carry on, its all i could do. The best advice i can give is just ride it out and they will fade. Theres no timeline when we are supposed to get over someone or for the dreams to completely stop so its understandable its fetching emotions back, it did with me but im ok now. I remember when i was with my ex and we were super happy, i had a dream about an ex from around 10 years prior, guess what, it hurt a little when i woke up but i just thought oh well, its only a dream, it means nothing and my life will just continue.

Theres nothing anyone can do about dreams,they just happen, like i said, ride it out pal and im 100% certain they will subside soon enough, chin up :)