Having a friend who understands is turning out to be invaluable

The new friend I made and I have an agreement since both of us are kind of going through some rough times.

Sorta like how AA has a sponsor, we agreed to have each other's back, and make ourselves available to be supportive to each other until this is over for us both.

Its pretty rare to find someone else with what we have (bipolar disorder is NOT as common as ppl think...LOTS of people are diagnosed with it and don't actually HAVE it) that can really understand what it's like.

The peppermint analogy I used yesterday is appropriate, and she gets that without me even having to explain.

Anyhow, she called me at 430 this morning asking for my opinion about a situation she is in, and I told her what I thought about it...she thanked me...and we hung up and went back to sleep.

I forgot how nice it is to feel USEFUL. That's part of the reason I used to love to cook for my ex....it made me feel useful...and being a support buddy to someone kinda fills that role for a while so that I'm not so overwhelmed that I cannot deal with the grief.

The new friend I made and I have an agreement since both of us are kind of going through some rough times.

Sorta like how AA has a sponsor, we agreed to have each other's back, and make ourselves available to be supportive to each other until this is over for us both.

Its pretty rare to find someone else with what we have (bipolar disorder is NOT as common as ppl think...LOTS of people are diagnosed with it and don't actually HAVE it) that can really understand what it's like.

The peppermint analogy I used yesterday is appropriate, and she gets that without me even having to explain.

Anyhow, she called me at 430 this morning asking for my opinion about a situation she is in, and I told her what I thought about it...she thanked me...and we hung up and went back to sleep.

I forgot how nice it is to feel USEFUL. That's part of the reason I used to love to cook for my ex....it made me feel useful...and being a support buddy to someone kinda fills that role for a while so that I'm not so overwhelmed that I cannot deal with the grief.

Yeah I miss that feeling where I felt usefull for my ex and could do things for her or talk to her when she needed me.

Now besides being useful for my own self. There isn't much help anybody else needs from me.

I have an accountabilabuddy who is in a similar boat.. We comiserate and keep each other from jumping off a bridge.

Key to remember, this is a very solo journey you are on. To really learn and grow and not fall into similar patterns you need to do some of the hard time alone analyzing the scenario, process and outcome.