UnBlock the facebook Ex?

blue_jay_bird

Im thinking of doing it.

I blocked him out of anger, i don't feel that anymore. It just feels silly now. It's not like im going to friend him, its not like he will see my whole profile.

Why im in doing it. Cause I don't want to look like a act of aggression. Kind of like a peace offering. .. Im not expecting anything ext.

Come on everyone dig into me.

That depends.. to be honest if you won't check his page, then unblocking is fine. The whole point of blocking is to not open old wounds. So if the feelings are gone now, then unblocking is fine as long as you're doing it to let go now.

Hi blue_jay,

You can certainly unblock him if you want to, but I don't believe doing so is important. Nor do I believe it would be any meaningful "peace offering". Nor do I believe the current blocking suggests aggression or ill will. I frankly don't think this would send any message at all.

As a "message", this would be a form of indirect communication, which is ripe for mis- (or non-)interpretation. If you really want to send messages, focus on direct communication: messages that are clear, direct, and unambiguous. Please don't use actions like this as communication.

If you want to unblock him for personal reasons, to come to peace with yourself, etc., I wholeheartedly support you.

FWIW: I have my ex blocked on Facebook, too. I don't intend to change that for years, and only then as a "Facebook cleanup operation". I've already made major strides in moving past that relationship and coming to peace. I just don't want to treat the FB thing as an issue of any significance or give it any more attention than it deserves.

Simon Phoenix

Peace offering? He probably won't care one way or the other to be honest. I mean, go ahead if you can resist looking at his profile, but it seems kind of pointless.

What are you hoping to get out of it? Look at his profile and see what he's up to? If so that's not a good idea, because it could hurt you. If it's to see if he notices and reaches out, I guess there's no harm, well maybe if nothing happens and you get bummed out from that.

• Like 2

What's the point, honestly? You're not even going to friend him, so what's going to happen here? He may stumble across a post you make on a mutual friend's page and be like, "oh man! She's still thinking about me and doing things in her life to show me she's still around, and playing games! What's she doing?!"

Just resume your life.

• Like 1

The junkie mind is at work. If you have to start a thread about it, you know it's not a good idea. When you have to try and talk yourself into doing it and justify reasons to a bunch of strangers, you have your answer.

• Like 1