Well I finally went through with blocking my ex's number yesterday. I felt relieved at first, but now am starting to feel a little down because I know that it means I will probably never hear from her again. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like those breadcrumbs texts that said things like "I miss you" or just anything for that matter. Seeing that she still cared to reach out to me was nice, and to know that I was missed. I do realize that blocking was needed for my healing, I obviously couldn't handle the texts anymore. I just felt like venting.

This should pass right?

It is normal you feel like this like i said. It is part of the grieving process. Just remember that your goal is to be finally over her and indifferent. And you are moving toward this goal and it isn't easy.

You will bounce back but need to get used to the idea that the EXCITEMENT and the drama of the breakup (including posting here) is going to go away and will leave you feeling somewhat empty and you need to stand on your own and find other outlets.

Your brain and coping mechanisms will readjust to the new reality eventually. Stay strong bud.

Im in the same boat. Still dealing with the fact she isn't coming back and wont be texting emailing me anymore. It is so permanent and we need to get used to it and we can.

Edited by cavalier99
  • Like 1

I never understood how people could get an email or text and just delete without reading it. But I'm beginning to understand this is probably the best. We REEEEAAALLY need to let go completely. It is hard to let go to this extent but it is the path we need to be on to recover.

• Author

I got a text the previous four days. (not yesterday, that's when I told her to leave me alone)

Dealing with this sucks... Because now I KNOW she can't text me. It doesn't help me, I just loved seeing that she still cared. Hating this. but I have to deal with it. She's gone. She's been gone. and she isn't coming back.

I got a text the previous four days. (not yesterday, that's when I told her to leave me alone)

Dealing with this sucks... Because now I KNOW she can't text me. It doesn't help me, I just loved seeing that she still cared. Hating this. but I have to deal with it. She's gone. She's been gone. and she isn't coming back.

I know. Its called "REALITY"

And we need to face it. I know your hating.. it but you will readjust. This is actually progress believe it or not. Cry if you need to.

• Author
I know. Its called "REALITY"

And we need to face it. I know your hating.. it but you will readjust. This is actually progress believe it or not. Cry if you need to.

You're right. It's like an emotional tennis match with myself. Right after I tell myself it's for the best, I tell myself "it is... but is it really for the best because of how I feel now?" I told her to leave me alone so I won't hear from her for a while anyway. I also haven't cried over this in a while, but may need to if it keeps up.

Nice!

Yes this feeling will pass, of course! And when it does, if you stick around here, you will be sharing your story with other people encouraging them to do the same thing cause you'll have experienced for yourself how it works!

• Like 1
  • Author

I hope it passes sooner than later. I feel like I've finally let go, something that shouldn't be as hard as it is considering my ex hasn't felt the same way in almost 3 months. I almost feel like I have set myself back a bit for the short term. All of a sudden I feel like reaching out to her and explaining everything or trying to be friends in the future. Then I realize neither of those are good ideas.

I hate this emotional roller coaster! Someone stop the ride I wanna get off! :sick:

:lmao:

• Like 1

Ah I feel the same way after blocking also. I find since I've blocked, it's made me think about him more and made me feel more down, feels like a regression! Doesn't it give you anxiety, being completely disconnected from someone that was once the closest thing to you? It's strange. But I guess Cav is right, it's progress :)

• Author

I guess so. Anything they say to us really doesn't help us in any way. It doesn't matter to them because they are over us so they have no idea what kind of damage they do to us moving on with simple "hi i miss you" texts. That being said, I will definitely miss them :(

The problem is that she doesn't miss you - she misses your attention. She misses knowing she has a guy strung along that she can get attention and affection from anytime she wants without having to do anything in return.

I don't think it's nice. I think it's manipulative.

• Like 1
  • Author
The problem is that she doesn't miss you - she misses your attention. She misses knowing she has a guy strung along that she can get attention and affection from anytime she wants without having to do anything in return.

I don't think it's nice. I think it's manipulative.

I'll be rereading that a few times because you are right lol. She is that type of person.

• Author

I did love her. She was my first love, my first for a lot of things. The way she treated me in the end was just horrible though. I can't forgive her for that. If she does that to me as a girlfriend, I could never trust her as a friend. So we'll just need to go our separate ways.

• Like 2

You'll be fine man (telling this to myself also).

Just be prepared it may suck for a while. You were addicted to all the drama of those calls and texts. You need to detox again.

It definitely wont be as bad as the 1st weeks after the BU. REMEMBER THAT INSANITY?

• Like 1
  • Author
You'll be fine man (telling this to myself also).

Just be prepared it may suck for a while. You were addicted to all the drama of those calls and texts. You need to detox again.

It definitely wont be as bad as the 1st weeks after the BU. REMEMBER THAT INSANITY?

Of course. I loved that drama lol. I couldn't live with it for any longer though. It was getting annoying and the fact that I just ignored it anyway made it worse.

I think that every time we go thru these up and downs we come out a little stronger.

The fact that this is depressing you some isn't a bad thing. Just a new stage. These trials ,that you are passing with flying colors, forces us to face our fears and move just a little bit closer to getting over things.

Unfortunately there is not SET date for recovering, which is sort of unnerving, i wish there was a date. So we feel like we are adrift in a life boat paddling slowly in this ocean of emotion trying to head in the right direction. But don't despair we will get there and may even be closer than we think. We just cant make out the shoreline yet but it is definitely there. :)

Edited by cavalier99
  • Like 1
  • Author

It is tough, but at least I realize it's for the best. Not being on the edge of my seat wondering if I'll get a text from her or not is nice. Also when my phone goes off there won't be that same level of disappointment when it isn't her. Because I know it CAN'T be her. The short term, this will suck. But the long term, it will be very helpful. I feel good that I told her to leave me alone yesterday. I felt like that gave me the last word and gave me the power back.

The block is only for 90 days as I found out. I think she'll get the message and by then I probably won't think of her as much as I do now, I don't want to be worrying about her 3 months from now.

It is tough, but at least I realize it's for the best. Not being on the edge of my seat wondering if I'll get a text from her or not is nice. Also when my phone goes off there won't be that same level of disappointment when it isn't her. Because I know it CAN'T be her. The short term, this will suck. But the long term, it will be very helpful. I feel good that I told her to leave me alone yesterday. I felt like that gave me the last word and gave me the power back.

The block is only for 90 days as I found out. I think she'll get the message and by then I probably won't think of her as much as I do now, I don't want to be worrying about her 3 months from now.

Yes sending the "leave me F alone text" before blocking was a very wise move. Now you see what i meant about how it was for you (and not her) and getting back some of the self esteem she took away.

• Author

Definitely. Especially considering that she probably would never expect something like that from me. She knows how soft spoken I was, so I'd love to see what her reaction to that text was.

Sorry for crashing but Cav, I was just wondering how you have been progressing btw? I remember reading your Sick of Recovery thread and it seems to be getting better for you I'm guessing :) You have her blocked on everything for how long now? Did you get a bit more used to it in time?

• Author
Sorry for crashing but Cav, I was just wondering how you have been progressing btw? I remember reading your Sick of Recovery thread and it seems to be getting better for you I'm guessing :) You have her blocked on everything for how long now? Did you get a bit more used to it in time?

Don't apologize for crashing lol. I'm using cav as a model, he blocked his ex's number and appears to be doing much better.

I feel good about blocking her for a few hours, then I feel bad about it. What a vicious cycle this is.

Weeeiiird. I just answered you on your thread to catch up! Lol :)

I've been doing pretty well. I was going out a ton in Dec and was having a great time with friends and family meeting girls a clubs..just having fun. She sent me an email that she snuck thru my blocks for my B-thday. I didn't respond but this seemed to set me back some right when i was feeling great! She has a six sense!

I think I've shook of the impact of that and have restabalized. So for the most part im cool but wish id be indifferent like all of us!

Thanks for responding to my rant in Nov. That really helped me! I've cried like only once since then and i had been drinking :lmao: lets get totally in shape for the new year!