Loneliness

I just cant shake this feeling of loneliness. I get upset knowing I'll never get to see him again even though he was a horrible person. He was abusive (physically and emotionally), he used me for money, he talked to other women behind my back...he just didnt love me at all. There were good times with him, although few, and for some reason that's what i cling to. It's been 3 years of this and I forget what my life was like without him in it.

How do I get past this? It's been a day since he choked me and I left him. One minute I'm happy he's out of my life, the next i miss him holding me. I must be sick in the head.

You aren't used to being alone, maybe. But clearly he is scum. I am not even sorry to say it. Anyone that hits a woman, chokes a woman, or does any other form of abuse, is a coward, a scumbag! You are in love with a person that isn't even real. What I mean is, you love the idea of who he can be "when he's happy, and you have good times." But you know who the real him is.

This abusive coward. So, why miss him? Maybe you cared a lot about him. I am sure. But you just cannot go back to someone like that. One day, I promise you...You will find someone else to love even more, or just as much. And they will love you without hurting you. Do not holdout hope for this type of boy.

Your ex sounds like my ex completely. Except the girl he was chatting up behind my back, he is now seeing and all our mutual friends are getting fed up of me being down and are sticking to him cause he's so happy. It's been 3 weeks and u broke NC yesterday but I feel exactly the same as you, he was my first love and I just keep thinking of the good times when he was there for me, when he told my parents I was his priority etc and he left, wants nothing to do with me and is now seeing someone else. I feel hurt and alone and just don't want to get out of bed at all :( I can sympathise with you, if you ever need to talk I am here. Keep your head help high cause you're a million times better than this guy, it's been a day, the first sort of few weeks are hurtful and hard but you will get through this x

• Author

Thanks for the replies. I guess i'm just blind by my "love" for him but I know he's no good for me and I need to get away from him. I just dont see myself with anyone but him but I guess it's because I've never been with anyone BUT him (he was my first everything; we met when I was 19. I'm now 22). Sigh.

I understand how you feel, I also have trouble seeing myself loving another person like I loved my ex. (she was my first everything while I was her 5th or 6th lol)

We have to accept it though. That we will find someone else, and that we will love them and they will love us more than our exes did. If we don't accept it, we'll never love again and feel worse than we do now.