Love addiction

Wont go into all the history other than I have been seeing a woman 23 years younger than me for almost three years. Must have tried leaving her a million times and recently paid for her to move 700 miles away just to get away from her. We alway end up back together, either I contact her or she contacts me but in the end we end up back together. What a sick painful relatinship.....ugh Of course in todays world 700 miles really isnt that far and we continued to communicate with me going down to see her recently.

Curious what other people's experience is with love addiction. I have read up on this and her and I have the trait. NO DOUBT....we are both addicted to each other.

I'm trying NC but what do I do with that boredom and empty feeling. In the past I have gone on the dating web sites which is like picking ducks out of the water. But that never works out and in the past I have always gone back to this younger woman. I realize this feeling of not wanting to be alone is a trait of a love addict but I just dont know what to do to keep myself occupied. And yes I have been to therapy and attend NA & AA meetings for my drug and alcohol addiction. The 12 step programs help but I am so tempted to just get on those dating web sites. Its funny how when I was in high school and college I was considered unattractive but now im in my 50's and considered very good looking. (I dont see it but enough women have told me this that maybe just maybe I might be)

Any other love addicts out there or anyone else want to comment I'd appreciate it.

based on recent/ current experience of teh same kind of addiction, i have found that you literally have to make yourself SO busy with something (anything) that you have no spare time in the day to dwell on, or notice that empty feeling.

You have to make yourself so busy to teh point of exhaustion that when you go to bed you fall asleep within seconds.

I have been doing this for 2 weeks and it has REALLY helped.

(I am doing house renovations and all teh decision making/ running around has literally exhausted me)