Highly Unexpected Run-in

RogerWallace111

Was at a concert during the day this weekend, drinking lots, smokin trees, having a splendid time. Following that, grabbed some dinner with a couple buddies. We're walking out the door, I look up, still in a crossfaded daze, and there, out of a city of one million people (which neither I nor her even live in), is my f*ckin ex. 15 feet away, walking toward me. I was a bit startled even in my intoxicated state. Don't recall exactly what was said, but made some smalltalk for a minute or so, even gave her a hug, and that was that. I was slightly dickish to her at one point when I asked what she'd been up to, she said "just working lots" and I replied "oh yeah of course" with a bitter tone (she's very set in what I consider a pretty boring little career path and during breakups she always made it seem like her solace or something, in a way that irritated me).

Anyway, it kind of threw me off and bugged me intermittently the rest of the weekend (though continued partying/drinking with awesome friends kept those feelings mostly at bay). She texted me early the next morning complaining that I'd ignored her earlier in the day when I saw and "was all nice" to her sister at this concert. But I actually hadn't seen her. Exchanged a few meaningless texts after that, ending with her saying "I miss you. Talk to you sometime" and me responding "bye".

I feel a little down today but I know it's just the weekend decadence catching up with my brain. Was relatively fine seeing her (might help that I was f*cking someone else just that morning) but it still put me on edge for a while. Out of sight had meant out of mind for the most part, and i've adjusted to single life, so it was an unnecessary reminder of the comfort our relationship had once provided me. Buuuuut, f*ck it .