Is this normal?

Hi everyone :) As you might guess from my topic, i am slightly confused here.

So last Friday, after 5 weeks of NC, i broke it and talked with my ex on the phone. Nothing serious, just kind of catching up, was a good convo and she seemed very happy to hear from me.

When i hung up, she asked me if we could talk more later, and she even sent me a goodnight text that evening. The BU itself and in the aftermath, there have been a very good tone between us, no hard feelings or arguing.

Now, i have not heard from her since, which is why i am slightly confused, because i kinda expected her to throw the "friend card" at me. What is even more confusing, is that her last BU was very messy, and her ex was a complete wreck, but they still had regular contact. Now its not like i lie awake at night and keep checking my phone, i am actually doing pretty good :)

Now from reading here and other forums, it seems when its a "good" BU, the dumpers are usually a lot more talkative, either with the whole breadcrumbs deal, or trying to be friends or something like that.

Now i have considered the option that she might be seeing someone and feels guilty, but in that case it would go against everything she has told me. She is also staying with her parents for the summer, and will go back to Uni soon, so any RS she might or might not have, would end up as a LDR very soon anyway.

The thing is, i feel like i am actually starting to move on, sure i still miss her and i would not turn down a chance for reconciliation, but me and her always had a blast together, so in the very least i would like to be friends with her.

Also the moral of this story: Dont break NC, it makes you confused ;)

• Like 1

i think you need to give it time. thing is, when someone goes quiet it can be for many reasons, may not even be a specific reason.

but seems like she will be your friend, you seem like that is what you want. just got to give it more time i think. but thing is your already contemplating what she may or may not be doing.. this is why it is also a bad idea to be friends right after a break up.

• Author

I guess you are right :)

I just thought it was kinda weird, by reading here, it seems complete silence from the dumpers are a rare thing

The thing is, when people come onto a break up forum and they see us preaching the NC rule, people automatically assume NC is forever. And that's not the case. If once any and all feeling for the other person has died and if you can handle talk with the other person or even starting up a friendship, then hey!!! GREAT!!! But, this only works is if there is absolutely NO EMOTIONS for the other person.